Removing multiple Exchange 2007 servers on the same Domain and site

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadkins

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
I acquired an AD network from a not so good Sys Admin. What I have is 6 servers.</SPAN
3 servers 2003 Domain Controllers 2 of which has Exchange 2007 installed</SPAN
1 Member 2003 server with Exchange 2007 installed. This is the Backup server running BE 11.4</SPAN
2 Member 2008 servers, 1 is a terminal server the other is an application server.

</SPAN
I want to remove 2 of the 3 exchange roles leaving one server as the exchange server. As far as I can tell the one I plan to leave is the “primary” exchange server. I do not know if it was the “first installed” server. One of the DC servers will be decommissioned and removed from the network.</SPAN
Could I get some direction on where to find proper documentation, sites, or forums that I can use as a guide in this project?</SPAN
Thank you,</SPAN
David </SPAN>

I'll see if I can find a good how-to article but basically, you need to move all mailboxes and roles to the server you are keeping. You also need to end public folder replicas to the servers you want to remove. Then you need to remove them from the network. As long as the DC is not the master, you need to run dcpromo to remove its roles.

While not necessarily how to articles, these articles from microsoft should be useful to you:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998193(EXCHG.80).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123893(EXCHG.80).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998313(EXCHG.80).aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927464

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Question on removing an alias Using Outlook 1
G Removing old emails when adding accounts Using Outlook 3
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
R Outlook is NOT removing attachments. Using Outlook 4
M Help sending email but removing signature via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Removing Recipients from an automatic response Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O How to paste website content using a specific font and removing URLs Using Outlook 2
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
N Recurring invite sent w/distribution list adding/removing attendees Using Outlook 0
A Removing illegal characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D 'removing' an e-mail folder Using Outlook 2
G Wrong display name in from column when removing pf replication Exchange Server Administration 1
S Removing an Exchange Server account, retaining POP accounts Exchange Server Administration 1
D Removing Pop3 accounts on mulitple computers Using Outlook 3
K Removing outlines from outlook calendar Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 - How to remove account without removing mail folders? Using Outlook 4
R What to backup before removing Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
V Outlook problem after removing avast Using Outlook 1
P Removing expired e-mail addresses Using Outlook 2
S Removing myself as delegate from someone else's calendar Using Outlook 1
T Removing time zone setting from an appointment / meeting: is it possible? Using Outlook 2
C removing "Microsoft "End-User License Agreement" window BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Removing "Research" menu item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H removing attachments... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
chummy Open multiple Hyperlinks to download files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
Hornblower409 Automatically or Manually Backup Multiple Versions of VbaProject.OTM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Globalforester ItemAdd Macro - multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 8
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0