duplicates email in outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwadds

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Salam To All,

I didnot know if this is the correct place for my question, if not please guide me where to go.

i have a problem which is i got a duplicated emails for each email i received in my windows live email.

i registered a domain name "www.compass.jo" and i used "Windows Live Domains" for my email,

i setup my email in outlook using POP3 live NOT with using Outollok Connector,

i used the following guide :
http://ask-leo.com/what_are_windows_live_hotmails_pop3_and_smtp_settings.html

but the problem when any one send me an email, i received this email more than 3 times, each time Microsoft Outlook make the automatic schedule to receive emails i received All Emails again !!!!

this is really confuse me,

i read multiple topics that i have to remove the Checkbox "leave a copy of messages on the server" , but actually i need to keep a copy from my messages over the server,

could you please help me,

thanks.

Are you using rules? Do you get exactly 3 for every message? hotmail has a new feature where it moves downloaded mail to a folder online instead of letting pop clients delete it - so set outlook to delete from the sever and see if the problems remains.

Are you using rules? Do you get exactly 3 for every message? hotmail has a new feature where it moves downloaded mail to a folder online instead of letting pop clients delete it - so set outlook to delete from the sever and see if the problems remains.

Thanks Diane,

i tried to remove the "leave copy" check box but i have a problem, in my case i am using this email with multiple outlook in multiple PC's, so different outlook(in different pc's) will use this email, when any outlook get the received email, the other outlooks didnot received it absolutely!!!!

could you please help.

please advice.

thanks

These are hotmail/live accounts? Is there a reason why you aren't using the hotmail connector?

These are hotmail/live accounts? Is there a reason why you aren't using the hotmail connector?

Thanks Diane,

actually Microsoft Connector is not so much professional to use with corporate as well as using pop accounts.

i have multiple problems with using Microsoft Connector:

1. when i need to send email from outlook, a "Captcha" window appear to me every time, which is confused.

2. some times i need to send my email to 30 CC account, which is not available in connector.

3. the way to setup the email is easy, but it needs firstly to download all email content, so in some cases the email didnot work or the content didnot loaded successfully, so it causes a problem with using outlook at all.

please advice.

Outlook pops up a captcha? I've never seen that before.

As for the professionalism, the connector is no more or less professional than using the live service. :)

Back to the 3 email problem - is it 3 copies at the time the message is downloaded and they are only downloaded at one mail poll? If so, then check rules - add a stop processing to all rules. Leaving mail on the server would only be the cause if it downloaded the same message every time you checked for mail. Or if you had multiple accounts delivered to one mailbox and checked the mailbox with each account.

Thanks Diane,

actually yes, the problem is the email loaded 3 times at one mail poll.

but what you meant by "stop processing to all rules"? did you mean to remove all rules related to this email ?

also i did not understand you describe my case, i have multiple accounts for one mailbox in different PC's, when i remove the "Leave Copy option" in all accounts, when any account receive email from the mailbox, the other accounts did not receive it because the removed from inbox folder and moved to POP folder!!!!

is that right?

please advice.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A email duplicates issue in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
O Remove duplicates within two accounts Using Outlook 2
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Using "check for duplicates" for existing contacts Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 duplicates when I do a search only Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2013 EAS: moving message causes duplicates Using Outlook 3
F Outlook 2010 custom font style duplicates itself every time I save a task Using Outlook 0
V [duplicates duplicates duplicates] please help Using Outlook 26
F VBScript copy contacts and remove duplicates Using Outlook 1
C Importing duplicates BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3
K Incorporate selection from combobox into body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Why are some email automatically going to "archive" Using Outlook 2
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Problem when requesting to view an email in a browser Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Archive Email Manually Using Outlook 1
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S New Email "From" box stopped working Using Outlook 0