Can't click on embedded link in Outlook e-mails--error message "not allowed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickyNC

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Clicking on link embedded in emails received through Outlook is not enabled. I can click on a link from an email sent to my gmail account, but not Outlook 2010. What do I do to allow me to click on a link and be taken to the web site from Outlook? I use Internet Explorer with Google as my search engine.

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Re: Can't click on embedded link in Outlook e-mails--error message "not allowe

What exactly happens when you click? See Restrictions in effect... for solutions to an error that begins 'restrictions is effect'. If its something else you probably just need to reset IE as the browser in IE's Tools, Options (instructions at the url above).

VickyNC

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP

Thank each of you who responded to this technically-impaired computer user. I was able to fix the problem myself thanks to the help you provided. What finally solved the problem was the statement that if you uninstall Firefox and Google Chrome from your computer, you will sometimes get the problem of not being able to click on a link to a web site. I reinstalled Firefox and Google Chrome and the problem is solved. Thank you! VickyNC:cool:

VickyNC

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP

How do I change the setting re: the name that appears on the e-mails I send out from Outlook? I can't find an icon or link to do it. Thanks!

VickyNC

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP

To Diane Poremsky: Thank you so much! You solved my problem of how to change the name that appears on an email I send out from Outlook--I appreciate your help!<BR><BR>Do you know if there is anyway I can change the default font and point size on Outlook (both receiving and sending emails) rather than having to format each e-mail I write? I have read you can use the same settings as other Office2010 programs, but I don't understand how to do this. Can you help?

Forum Admin

Fonts are controlled in File, Otions, Mail - Stationery and Fonts. For the most part, you can only control the font on new messages and all plain text messages. HTML is trickier and may or may not use your fonts on replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.