Email to Task Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaupeDawg

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Since I regularly convert many of my emails into tasks, is there a way to create a rule that will automatically convert emails with a specific subject line, into a task?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Here you go - add it to the VBA editor and create a rule to run a script.

Updated: fixed it so the message body is added to the task

Sub ConvertMailtoTask(Item As Outlook.MailItem)
Dim strTaskName As String
strTaskName = Item.Subject

Dim objTask As Outlook.TaskItem
Set objTask = Application.CreateItem(olTaskItem)
objTask.Subject = strTaskName
objTask.StartDate = Item.ReceivedTime
objTask.Body = Item.Body
objTask.Save
Set objTask = Nothing

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Create a Task from an Email using a Rule Using Outlook 0
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Deleting Sent Task Email, Deletes the task from my list Using Outlook 1
L Email to task without changin formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
S Task Update coming as email and not updating task Using Outlook 3
Bachelle Macro to Update Existing Task from New Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Send a Reminder/Task to certain Email Recipient Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Create Tasks from Email and move to different Task folders Using Outlook 0
D Script to parse email and set a task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Create task with email URL instead of attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Format change when dragging from email to Task Using Outlook 1
A Create Task from Email and put body & email as attachment into task notes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
H Create a Task by Draft-EMail > Task+Reminder not Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Creating a Task from Email and Attaching Original Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
I VBA Recurring Task Converted From Email Using Outlook 2
C Visual Basic auto create task from email including attachments Using Outlook 9
M Send email on task creation? Using Outlook 2
S Tasks are handled through email but deleted email removes task history? Exchange Server Administration 3
A Send Email to Task while sending to Email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Tasks - convert email to task & attach email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K send email when task changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Copy Entire Email Content - Paste into new Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Recommendations for Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 6
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 365 Can I change the possible range of highlighting colours when writing an Outlook email? Using Outlook 1
V Can one change the formatting of email title blocks? Using Outlook 0
P default font when sending email from browser Using Outlook 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
TedSch Small vba to kill political email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Email notifications changed with Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 8
glnz How to retrieve or redo Verizon.net email password without affecting Outlook connection? Using Outlook 1
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 1
B Search and Find Email by Folder Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
L Capture email addresses and create a comma separated list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Email bomb processing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O What would be the recommended way to change an email address (family member)? Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2016 Macro to Reply, ReplyAll, or Forward(but with composing new email) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Checking Sender Email Address for trusted domain from list on intranet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2