Outlook 2007 Macro to Email Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did:

txtSearch = "from:" & strFilter & "OR to:" & strFilter

and it did not work.....the one: txtSearch = "from:" & strFilter worked great

is there anything to fix?

Once again, thank you so much!! It works pefectly!!

It's nice to learn from someone who knows the area so super well!!

Thank-you!!!

I believe based on your input that I cannot add a new menu to an outlook contact form and can only add the macros to the quick access bar.

Under the quick access bar, whatever I scroll to it, is just a symbol and unless you push your mouse on the symbol, you don't know what the symbol clicks to.

And I also assume there is no way to add a toolbar to the outlook form, so can do what I an do on the quick access bar. Correct?I

s there any way to show a symbol on the quick access bar of the contact as a text symbol, which is what you do on the toolbar of the opening of outlook?

Correct, for Outlook 2007. AFAIK, Outlook 2007 does not let you use labels on the QAT.

A new question.

I created an email template where the subject is "From (my name)".

And in other email templates I either did the same, or had a different subject line.

But for some reason if I hit on the New button for an email that is not one of my templates, or I use any of my templates, whatever is in the subject line, when it is sent, it automatically adds the words "From (my name)" before any of words a put in the subject line or come from template.

So I how do I fix this so it doesn't add anything to the subject other than if I use the template what is in the subject, but nothing gets added.

I very appreciate your help.

Are you using a VBA macro to tweak the subject line?

I have the macro you gave me for purposes of the sending anemail per an email template and adding the email address of the contact that it gets clicked from.

I created 16 macros and the only difference is the first line "Public Sub" where I changed the title for each macro and under the Function line below each "End Sub", I changed the words"GetCurrentItem( )" for each Function to "GetCurrentItem1()", then the next one "GetCurrentItem2( )", so I added a different number to each Function words as that was some problem in the beginning when it was debugged to show the area that was not affective.

And as to the 16 macros re the sending an email per an email template and adding the email address of the contact that it gets clicked from,they all in the Module 1, and there is the line _____________________ below each End Sub and each End Function.

And 14 of the email templates have the same subject line which is "From my name", and two them have a different same subject line.

And it’s the subject line "From my name " that is in the 14 email templates that automatically comes in when sent, even when I create the e-mail form"New" and not based on any template or from a macro re the template.

Please see my next post for the additional info.

And just so you know, under your instructions re the email search, the macro for that is in a separate Module 2, and I created two more macros based your advice in Module 3 and Module 4 where the search is both "to and from" and a second one where the search is just the

"to", and all of those work .

And then I saw under the list of the 4 Modules as the bottom of the list, there is a something that is titled: "ThisOutlookSession" and the macro to the right is:

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object,Cancel As Boolean)
If(Left(Trim(Item.Subject), 11)) <> "RESTRICTED " Then
Item.Subject ="From my name " + Item.Subject
End If

End Sub

And the words : "From my name" is what automatically is added to subject line in each email whensent. I don't why that was created and if it is just what I learned before to adjust the Outlook default email form, I don't need it. So should I just delete it,and if so, how do I delete it? And is there something else to do as well to fix?

Thanks very much.

if you don't need it, select all and delete it. :) Apparently at some point you used it to look for a keyword in the subject and if found, to tag it from you.

A couple of tips - 1) you could put all of the macros into one module. I use multiple modules to help me keep things straight but in a case where i had 16 identical macros, I'd probably use 1 - 4 modules 2) if you put the function in just once, all macros should be able to use it.

Thanks very much.

By deleting that macro, that solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.