Status
Not open for further replies.

zx6roo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi I have a couple of questions.

I've been looking through google, slipstick and other locations be so far I haven't even found out if it's possible or not so I'm hoping you can help. I am migrating categories from archived emails in a public folder from OL2003, they are not in a master list.

1. I have 3000 categories of 8 digits, 600 of 6 digits and and 200 of 4 digits. It is easy enough for me to get the lists together in a comma-separated file however the category field in contact area only allows for 252 characters. Is there another way to get these added as I can only do 27 at a time?

2. I want to set colours so that all the 3000 are blue, all the 600 red and all the 200 green. Without going into each one individually and changing the colour how is this possible?

3. Once created, I need to share the master list with other people. I can add the categories to a note, put it in the public area, they can pull it out and update their cats. Simple...however... as you can see I have a lot of categories. How can I select all cats to add to a note/message/contact/anything? At the moment I can only see that I have to select each one individually.

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: bulk add categories / with fixed colours / select multiple categories on a

Have you seen Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA - Slipstick Systems

That VBA uses a format of AddCategory "category", 17, 0 - it should be fairly easily to create this list for each category using Excel - the 17 is a color, so it would be the same for each group (but I forget what color 17 represents. :))

That said, I thought Outlook had a limit on the # of categories - and that it was well under 3600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Outlook 2016 bulk email from access Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J 14 Steps To Building Your Bulk Emails So They Get Noticed New Slipstick.com Articles 0
makinmyway Bulk Delete Contacts in iOS Outlook App Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Macro to Bulk Import Contacts and vCards into Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
X Bulk edit Contact forms Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Macro to Bulk Import vCards into Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Bulk Edit contact notes BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R VB code to bulk save attachments deletes message Using Outlook 1
C Outllook Migration - Office 200? - 2010 - Shared Mailbox Export-Bulk 500 users Using Outlook 1
H Bulk import of PST files into Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Why Cant i send lots of emails from my hotmail in bulk? Using Outlook 1
F Text Format Change - Bulk Edit Contact Notes Using Outlook 2
P Viewing & Removing stats for bulk PST import Exchange Server Administration 2
Q Bulk but confidential mass mail in outlook? Using Outlook 2
D Need help bulk exporting mailboxes Exchange Server Administration 3
D Remove Contacts in bulk Exchange Server Administration 8
M sending bulk emails Using Outlook 1
O Copying Outlook Categories to the attachment (MS word) body in bulk. Is this possible? Using Outlook 7
M OWA (2003,2007,2010) How to enable or Disable efficiently in Bulk range Like Database/Storage Group/Server Exchange Server Administration 3
R New Relay for an application server to send bulk mail Exchange Server Administration 2
D Auto Replay Message For Bulk Users Exchange Server Administration 4
E Bulk changes in outlook contacts. Using Outlook 3
T Is there a way to bulk modify the alias field in a Exchange 2010 enviornment? Exchange Server Administration 2
M Custom message header; Precedence: Bulk Using Outlook 4
C Bulk creation of AD user accounts with Exchange 2010 sp1 supplied script Exchange Server Administration 7
M received a bulk email in Outlook____ __ Using Outlook 1
D Pop ups when sending emails by bulk. Using Outlook 2
P Replying in bulk to all entries in an Inbox Using Outlook 1
D Bulk email blocking my outbox, and I cannot delete it Using Outlook 1
D Bulk email blocking my outbox, and I cannot delete it Using Outlook 1
Q Outlook become non responsive if i write outlook item in bulk Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 20
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
B Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
P Add Paste Unformatted to QAT Using Outlook 1
M Ignore slow add-ins Using Outlook 0
B Add Prefix text to Subject Line Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Add birthdays to calendar Using Outlook 7
Z Add text to auto-forwarded e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Add, remove, & reorder folder pane Using Outlook 6
L Tired of Outlook disabling Adobe PDF Creator add-in Using Outlook 1
R Add 'Company' to Select Names Form Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2016 Web add-in missing on some machines Using Outlook 9
P Syncing problems with add-ins Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
BretAB Is it possible to add a lookup field to a Message form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2