Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its loosing the color because of the controls. But it worked the second time I tried to change colors - actually, the second time I was using the default colors from the picker, not a custom color.

So what controls are you referring to and how to adjust them please?

I thought it was the picture and business card controls but maybe it just doesn't like custom colors. If you choose one of the predefined colors either from the color pallet or from the list of windows theme colors, the color sticks.

Try this: select a label (or group of labels) and change their color. Then change the bg color. That seemed ot work today when just changing the form bg didn't.

See screenshot - I changed the labels first then the bg. I used inactive caption text for this color.

colors.png

Thank you. Can you explain to me what is a label and who you chang it's color to what? And then where do I change the bg color again?

Thanks very much.

Once again, you are the smartest ever in this area!!! I did what you said above and it did it!!!

And the labels that have words in them, I change to the same background color, and that what way there is no white background on the words themselves.

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

And in addtion, under the form that comes with Outlook 2007, the label that has the words in front of the field, is a background that makes it look like a box but i am sure it is just a color.....

So one more question is ....is there a way to back that label with the words have the same background that comes with the outlook 2007 defautl form...

Once again, you are the best at this!!!

I'm not sure I understand... if you can give me an example of what you mean?

That said, you can set a border.. and if you make the field transparent, it picks up the same color as the form. That is under "BackStyle" in Advanced properties. I would probably use it for labels - then you can change form colors as needed and the labels won't look bad.

There is also a specialeffect entry in advanced properties - you can make raised or sunken buttons.

I emailed you the forms which show the difference in the labels. Got them? Thanks very much!!

They look identical here. :) you can't use the pretty rounded buttons AFAIK - you can change the white fields so they are not sunken - that is SpecialEffect property. In my version in the screenshot, I have full name, nickname and company fields set to flat and used a dark border.

settings.png

Thanks very much.

Can you type to me each area in the Advanced Properties I need to go to, and what to fill in for each one and apply? Thanks again.

Same place you change the background color - right click, advanced properties.

You need to change the border (I used inactive caption so its slightly darker than my background) and special effect is set to flat.

spcialeffect.png

thanks...but there is a misunderstanding....you are showing the field that i type in names etc.....please see the label to the left of it that has a title name....and that label field does not match the lable fields of the outlook 2007 form....understand the difference?

If you means the buttons, customized forms don't support rounded buttons. You can make the labels look like buttons by change the special effects property. They'll look just like full name. They won't be clickable though - AFAIK, you can't bring up the check number dialog.

Thanks again. To makethis clear, when you look at the Outlook 2007 default form, you see the thefields “Business” , “Home”, “Business Fax” and “Mobile” and the background isthe strong looking color (not sure how to describe the color) . And if you look at the same fields in myform, the background color is not the same. So it’s not the buttonsyou click on, it’s the left of the buttons. Make sense and then how do we design those fields to match the outook 2007 form please?.

Left of the Arrow button? With the labels business... etc? You can buttonize them but that is about it.

This screenshot shows you want I see - the gray buttons with the field names aren't used on custom forms.

View attachment 664

Thanks so much for your time. Based on all you mentioned, I did the following and it does it:

As the fields where I want them to look like the box in the outlook default form, I made the specialeffect "raised" and then thru vaue, put them at the right level to the field to the right of them.

As to the other fields that have that background color that I don't need, I changed backstyle to "transparent" and it does it.

Thanks so so much for all your time again!!!

After doing what we went thru, which is perfect, but now when use a contact and click on any of the macros we created in the past, I first I now get a statement: "Could not install the custom actions, the object could not be found" and then the macro still works.

Is there a way to get this statement not to run?

I just found the following and did it, and it solved it. What does all this mean please?

Method 2: Delete the frmcache.dat file and start Outlook

1. Exit Outlook.
  2. In Windows Explorer, open the following folder (depending on your version of Windows):

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Forms

Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, or Windows 7

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Forms

3. Delete the Frmcache.dat file.
  4. Start Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.