Outlook 2007 Task

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No, you can't move controls to other forms. You can add fields from other forms using the field chooser, that may or may not work for this. Try it and see.

2. You'd need a macro to pass the values over. I don't have any code samples - not sure if outlookcode.com has any samples.

Thanks for getting back.

In my new Task default form, I added the combobox.....how is that a field to the Outlook standard form? And where to do it?

And as to the macros, I am not the expert at all, so if you can see a sample that does it and upgrade it, happy to hear back on that as well.

I'm not sure the field will help you at all with this - it should have a field associated with it, use field chooser to add it to your other form and see what happens.

In the field chooser, it does not show the combobox....is there a way to add the same combobox (not copying it as a new combobox) but from someplace so it adds the same from the contact?

No, that is not possible to the best of my knowledge.

The field name of the combobox shows up with the box to the right of it, but not as a combobox.

Is there a way to configure the box that comes with the field?

AFAIK, no, whatever you get when you add the field is all you get. Sorry.

So is there a macro that does the following:

Macro that: Creates a task based on the contact using my new form and adds the contact to the bottom field as if it was assingned?

Macro that: adds the value words from the combobox of the contact to the same form of combobox on the task assigned to to contact per the macro mentioned above?

1. That should be don't have code samples.

2. That may or may not be doable, I'm not sure. The big thing is that you need to save the selections in a public variable so you can transfer them to the other form. I definitely don't have a code sample for that.

I read on another forum to download Form Administrator, and when you run that, you go to list of the Target and select Task (IPM.Task) and you type in the name of the form you published (which i published to the Personal Folder as IPM.Task.Task Form 1) and type in the same name of the form in the Read area. And then I save it and it does not change the form. I read the following:

"In Outlook 2002 and later versions, the Forms Administrator tool puts the registry change in the wrong key, the key for Outlook 2000. (This is harmless.) What you need to do is export the key from the Forms Administrator tool, then edit the .reg file in Notepad. For Outlook 2002, change the key from HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Custom Forms to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Custom Forms. For Outlook 2003, change 9.0 to 11.0. For Outlook 20007, change it from 9.0 to 12.0. Once you make that change, run the .reg file to update the registry with the new forms substitution values"

So I don't understand how I do what this says. Where do i Export it to as I don't know these locations and how do what that said to do.

Can you help on this possilble? This comes from the following link:

http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=39

Thanks much

I'd use docmessageclass to change the form (or a macro) - you really only need the forms admin to change the mail form, but doing that is not recommended. Macro and links to docmessageclass

WARNING: Using substitution to compose mail with a custom form generally is a bad idea. In many cases, non-Outlook recipients will not be able to read an attachments and, at best, will get an annoying Winmail.dat attachment.

Thanks again as usual.

Here is the form of the macro that shows up and what do i make into so that the form of the IPM.Task is changed to my form named "IPM.Task.Task Form 1" which when I publish it, it is published to Personal Forms Library. Can you change the forgoing so see what put into the VBA and then run it?

Sub ChangeContactMessageClass()
' Change the following line to your new Message Class
NewMC = "IPM.Contact.Test"
Set CurFolder = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder
Set AllItems = CurFolder.Items
NumItems = CurFolder.Items.Count
' Loop through all of the items in the folder
For i = 1 To NumItems
Set CurItem = AllItems.Item(i)

' Test for a distlist
If CurItem.Class = olContact Then
' Test to see if the Message Class needs to be changed
If CurItem.MessageClass <> NewMC Then
' Change the Message Class
CurItem.MessageClass = NewMC
' Save the changed item
CurItem.Save
End If
End If
Next
MsgBox "Done."

End Sub

we really don't need to test for the class, but it protects against doing something stupid, like running it on contacts. :)

Sub ChangeContactMessageClass()
' Change the following line to your new Message Class
NewMC = "IPM.Task.Task Form 1"
Set CurFolder = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder
Set AllItems = CurFolder.Items
NumItems = CurFolder.Items.Count
' Loop through all of the items in the folder
For i = 1 To NumItems
Set CurItem = AllItems.Item(i)

' Test for a distlist
If CurItem.Class = olTask Then
' Test to see if the Message Class needs to be changed
If CurItem.MessageClass <> NewMC Then
' Change the Message Class
CurItem.MessageClass = NewMC
' Save the changed item
CurItem.Save
End If
End If
Next
MsgBox "Done."

End Sub

So copy the macro above and where do I put it? Do I put in the Script Editor of the new form I created, or do I put it in a new module in the VBA and then run it?

And does that just change the form going forward for aeas using the form IPM.Task?

Put it in the VBA editor and run it.

So just run it and it replaces the outlook default form to my form for all areas using the outlook default form?

For the selected folder, yes. You can use a List view and add the Message Class field to the view to see if it updated it to the new form.

I ran it and it said done....but the Assing Task and New Task For Contact are not running the new form.

Where do I use a List view and add the Message Class field to the view? Don't know how to do it !!

Thanks so so much!!

I just figured it out....went to the Task folder...added the field Message Class to the view, and it shows the new form!!

But when I run the Assign Task and the New Task For Contact, it uses the old form, not the new form.

Anyway to fixt that?

Status
Not open for further replies.