Outlook 2007 Task

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, no, but i will check.

Hope here to hear back soon given what I have to do!! Thanks very very much!

I followed up on the Form Administrator, exported to the desktop, edited it re he outlook 12 versus outlook 9....changed the numbers from 9 to 12 and now other ways to create a task linked to the contact is now using my new form...so that worked!!

Now the next important question is, what is the macro or whatever to do so when the same field of the contact that is copied to the field in the task form, and I decide which words from drop list in the field in the contact, it automatically puts that in the field re the task for the contact? Is there a way to do this?

So here are the details of the next step to fix as soon as possible:

In my default form for contacts, I have added Comboboxs and each one in the Value area as to Choose a Field is a Text Field that I created, the Type is "Dropbown", the Property to Use is "Value", and then under Possible Values, I wrote in a list of words and phrases where at the end of each phrase is ";" which under the Combobox, each phrase shows up part of a drop list, and I just identify which phrase I want to show in the field on the Contact. And the other type of Combobox as to Choose a Field, is a Date/Time field and nothing else to add to it, so in the field of the Date/Time in the Contact, I just type in the appropriate date.

So what I want to do, is have the same type of Comboboxs from my Contact to be in the form of the Task, and then when I create a Task that is a Assigned to the Contact through Assign Task or New Task For Contact, the phrases that I identify in the Comboboxs of the Contact, automatically are in the same Comobboxs in the Task to which the Contact is assigned to in either way I mentioned above.

Thanks again for great advice.

So is it a macro create and then run, or is it a code in the task form that just does it?

And given that I have no idea how to create macros or codes....I have only used the macros and codes you have designed.

Any way you can create it, tell me where to put it, and since I have several comboboxs to pass the value to, is there a way to have one macro or code that just does all of them as each combobox has it's own names etc.

I would appreciate you showing me how to do it as I am not the tech guy and have always relied on you as the smart one!!!!!

i think it would be in the original form that has the values - the contacts form.

So we put a code in the script area of the contact form ?

So open the contact, create a Assign Task which connects to that contact, and then the code adds the value to the task?

Is this the correct structure?

yes, that sounds right.

Thanks. And again, I have no way of doing macros/codes...just have used what you gave me.

Is there as way you can give me the code you figure out, and show what to fill in re the names of the comboxbox and date fields to pass the value from and to?

And again, I have no way of doing macros/codes...just have used what you gave me.

Is there as way you can give me the code you figure out, and show what to fill in re the names of the comboxbox and date fields to pass the value from and to?

I don't have any code samples right now and won't have time to look at the rest of this week. I have a project I must get finished this weekend.

Ok...so just let me know when you can....as you are the only one that has given me codes etc.....thanks and good lukc with your project!!

Would love to hear back from the expert as soon as possible given what I need to do.

Thanks much!

In one of your earlier archive forums, there was a thread re this area but the only difference was they were having one combobox match the value of another, but it was not in the content of the combobox of a Task matching the combobox of the contact assinged to the task, and there is no final code that shows it. But what I learned is you put the code in the form of the contact or the task whatever the code is.

If you have change to see his older place in your forum, it describes quite a bit of the match area and if you can look at it and upgrade the code, tell me where to put it, and what words to fill in, that would be wonderful . Here is is the link re your forum: https://forums.slipstick.com/threads/8619-make-combo-box-dependant-another/

I'll take a look at it when i get a chance.

Thanks again. And here is another thought as maybe this is more simple.

When I created the Task form, in the Page called P2, that is where I added the same form of Comboboxs from the form of the Contact. And as an example, one of the Comboboxs that I copied from the Contact form and pasted it to the Page P2, is called "Next Step" and in the areas of fields of the Contact form the field name is "Next Step"

Then I added to the Page P2 from the Control Toolbox a "text box".

Then in this "text box" I right clicked on it, chose Properites, Value and as to Choose Field, I used the field related to one of the Comboboxs of the Contact default form and used the field "Next Step"

So when I run the form of the Task, and in the Combobox I pick one of the values in the the droplist, and that value automatically shows up in the "Text Box" I added.

So when I open a contact and create the Task that is an Assign Task to the contact, or in the list of contacts, I click on a contact (not open it), go to Actions, Create, New Task For Contact, how can the "Text Box" in the Task receive the value decided from the drop list from the Combobox named "Next Step" in the Contact. And if this is something that can do it, I don't need a combobox in the Task form, just Text Boxs that get the value from specific fields of the Comboboxs or other fields in the Contact to which the Task is assigned.

Maybe this is easier to do perhaps?

You still need to use code to capture the value of the text box and use it in the task. There is no way to avoid that.

So I need a code that I add to the TextBox in the Task form, that brings in the value decided in the Combobox that is in the contact that it is assigned to.

Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.