Outlook 2007 Task

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, I so appreciate your thoughts!!!

The error message is "Run Time Error "424" Object Required.

And please explain what words I add an exactly where.

Where do I add the words debug.print?
Where do I add the words msgbox sr after he str = line. As a next line or after word Value. And if after Value do I put in something between those words.

I so appreciate your help to finish this!

Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim Str

Dim myItem

Str =Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Co ntrols("ComboBox7").Value

MsgBox Str 'could use Debug.Print instead, then View > Immediate window

Set myItem =Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Users\Loui s\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\TaskFollow-Up Template.oft")

myItem.Display

myItem.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Contr ols("TextBox20").Value= Str

MsgBox Str

End Sub

So copy and paste this to the Module and then run the commandbotton on the contact and see what happens?
icon7.png

Yes, see if the correct value is passed each time.

Did it. Here is exactly what i wrote to the Module and have the commandbotton to it in the contact form and the same exact error happened.

Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim Str

Dim myItem

Str = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox7").Value

MsgBox Str 'could use Debug.Print instead, then View > Immediate window

Set myItem = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Users\Louis\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\TaskFollow-Up Template.oft")

myItem.Display

myItem.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox20").Value = Str

MsgBox Str
End Sub

Did the message box have the expended information ?

Not sure what you mean by the message box. If you mean the only box that opens when there is the error, that box simply states the same:

"Run Time Error "424" Object Required.

So, any other thoughts to fix it? That would be wonderful!!

so it errors before it does anything? I'll have to test the code and see what object it thinks is missing.

Yes. It errors before it does anything and then that line is yellow in the Module. I so appreciate you figuring out how to do this as soon as possible.:)

Any possible update tonight??

Thank-you very much!

probably not. The server one of our sites uses crashed Thursday and I'm still working on getting the new server adjusted correctly.

Here is the Code that is working at a certain level and which is put in the View Code/Script Editor of the form of the Contact.

Sub CommandButton4_Click

Dim Str,Str1,

Dim myItem

Str = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox7").Value

Str1 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox8").Value

Set myItem = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate ("C:\Users\Stoler Law\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Task Follow-Up.oft")

myItem.Display

myItem.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox7").Value = Str1

End Sub

This code is working by doing using it this way:

In the contact form, there is the new CommandButton4.

In the Str lines, each line refers to a ComboBox in the form of the Contact, and the ( ) area after "Controls" is the Display Name of the the Combobox.

The Set myItem line, refers to the the form of the Task form that I added the Textbox(s) to, and saved to my template area.

In the myItem line, the ("P.2") refers to the Page 2 of the Task form, and the the area ( ) after Controls is the Display Name of the TextBox that is to get the Value from the particular ComboBox of a Str line.

And when I created the Task P.2 area, that's where I put in the TextBox(s) and I created a new field for each one so it is stored.

So the next problem to fix, is that when I click on the CommandButton4 in a contact, it creates the Task and it puts in the TextBox(s) the values from the ComboBox(s) of the Contact I am doing it from, but it does not assign the Task to the contact and show the link of the contact at the bottom of the Task, which is what it would normally do in the Assign Task of a Contact. Is there a way to fix this??

And the second area, is after a Task is created per this process, and I later change a value in a ComboBox of the Contact that gets assigned to the Task, how can it upgrade the TextBox(s) of the Task with the current Value?

Thanks so much.

Here is another way to describe the situation:I have a code which is put in the View Code/Script Editor of the form of the Contact. It creates a Task and puts in the TextBoxes of the Task form, the Values from the ComboBoxes or TextBoxes from the Contact that the Task is created from. So in the form of the Contact, there is the new CommandButton4 that when I click on in the Contact, it creates the Task and the brings the Values from the ComboBoxes or TextBoxes from the Contact that the Task is created from to the TextBoxes in the Task created.

So what I need please is how to add to the code or create another code (and where to put it) that will assign the Contact to the Task, just like the "Assign Task" when I click on the CommandButton4, and then at the bottom of the Task, it shows the link to the Contact.

And the second area, is after a Task is created per this process, and I later change a value in a ComboBox of the Contact that gets assigned to the Task, how can it upgrade the TextBox(s) of the Task with the current Value?

Here is the Code that is working, how it is drafted, and it is put in the View Code/Script Editor of the form of the Contact, and the Contact form is published in the normal way.

Thanks very much.
Sub CommandButton4_Click
Dim Str,Str1,
Dim myItem
Str1 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox8").Value
Set myItem = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate ("C:\Users\Stoler Law\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Task Follow-Up.oft")
myItem.Display

myItem.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox7").Value = Str1
End Sub
This code is working by drafting it this way:
In the contact form, there is the new CommandButton4.
In the Str lines, each line refers to a ComboBox in the form of the Contact, and the ( ) area after "Controls" is the Display Name of the the Combobox.
The Set myItem line, refers to the the form of the Task form that I added the Textboxes to, and saved to my template area.
In the myItem line, the ("P.2") refers to the Page 2 of the Task form, and the the area ( ) after Controls is the Display Name of the TextBox that is to get the Value from the particular ComboBox of a Str line.
And when I created the Task P.2 area, that's where I put in the TextBox(s) and I created a new field for each one so it is stored.

Still waiting for the smart woman!!!:) I need her!!

I put at the end of the code before the words "End Sub" the words "myItem.Links.Add Item" and published the form, and it adds the contact link to the Task!!

So the last area to know how to do per what I posted, is what code to use and where to put it, so when I update the values of the Comboboxes in the Contact that is linked to the Task, the Textboxes that received the values from the Comboboxes are updated in the Task. As you see the code, you know how the populated the value works, so how to refresh the populating.?

That would be wonderful if you can tell me how to do that right away as I have many things to update etc.

Any update and/or timing please? Thank you.

These would be the two that you need to refresh, I think - try setting the value to = ""
then set the value from the control.

myItem.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Contr ols("TextBox20").Value = Str

myItem.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Contr ols("TextBox7").Value = Str1

Thank you.

Don't understand what to do. Do I change the code and then it just automatically updates the textboxes when the comboboxs value is changed?

Please explain what to change and what it looks like as I don't understand.

Thanks much.

Any update how to do it please? I just don't understand what top change and where etc.....and I do need to refresh the Textboxes re the ComboBoxes Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.