Selection of Send-From Account with Template VBA Shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.

discgolfdc

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi, all! I'd have to imagine that this should be a fairly easy question for those who know anything more than I do (which isn't saying a whole lot).

I am trying to get some shortcut buttons in a custom Outlook ribbon tab/group that I've created, and I understand how to do that as well as assign macros to those new buttons I'll be putting there. I am using the following macro to call up an OFT template to prepare it for sending:

Code:
Sub OpenCustomTemplate()
  Set newItem = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Initial Instructor Paperwork Send.oft")
  newItem.Display
End Sub

My problem is this: I have two exchange accounts on our server - one in my name (myname@institution.com), and the other in the name of a specific department I coordinate (departmentname@institution.com). The departmental account was recently tied to my profile, so the "default" account is the one under my name. Is there anything I can add to that code so as to force the newItem to default to being sent from departmentname rather than from myname? When I call up the template using the above code, it always defaults to sending from myname. I know I can always hit the "From" button in the template once it's called up, but if I can automate it, it would be better for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Incorporate selection from combobox into body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
T Outlook Template - textbox visible based on combobox selection Using Outlook 1
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
O Force account selection for sending reply emails Using Outlook 1
L Navigation Pane selection with shortcuts Using Outlook 2
C Force account selection - no reg path nor can create one Using Outlook 9
W Outlook: Uniquely identifying attachments in selection Using Outlook 0
P Field option selection resulting into multiple questions BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
K Default Account and Signature Selection Using Outlook 5
Y Changing colour of selection bar in Outlook (too light, needs to be grey) Using Outlook 4
P Outlook contact form no longer requiring Category selection to add new Using Outlook 1
N Changing the 'Mark item as read when selection changes' at runtime Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How to improve the email item selection event performance? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K How do I eliminate the "Enable Macro" selection? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
C Eliminate need for "Enable Macro" selection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
X Re: how to access current text selection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Automating the selection of email accounts upon adding email addre Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Synchronization and taking forever to send Using Outlook 2
D Send on behalf of does not store the base mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 recipient no longer shows in 'Send To' Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L How to avoid issues with "Send on Behalf" Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
C Synchronizing subscribed folders causes hanging during send/receive process Using Outlook 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10