Automatic reply to an email

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman12

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a curious problem. My friend recently became a Manager of a pre-school club.

She had been using POP3 access on Outlook 2010 on Windows 7. And all was working fine.

In October, she upgraded to Outlook 2013 on a Windows 8 laptop.

Since then she has not been able to SEND emails. However, she can RECEIVE emails.

I have verified (with the ISP) that the Incoming server and the SMTP server details in Outlook 2013 are correct.

Currently, she uses 'WebMail' to SEND emails.

In Outlook 2013, there are no Rules or Alerts set-up, yet when an email is received, an Automatic reply stating "Thank you... we will get back to you... soon " etc is sent out.

In addition a second email is sent out from a hotmail account which generates a "Mail Delivery Failed" message.

The reason given for the 'failed' delivery is "550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable" (i.e. hotmail account not available).

The previous Manager who has since left the pre-school must have set-up the hotmail account.

Can anyone help me to figure out how an Automated Reply is being sent out when no Rules exist in Outlook?

Thank you in advance,

Ashe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Automatic Greeting "Hello Name," when Reply All is clicked Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
reza Macro to automatic reply using orignal mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P Daily Automatic Reply Using Outlook 1
P Automatic reply on incoming messages in outlook using VBA(only Specifi person) Using Outlook 14
C Text reply mail in Outlook 2010 has automatic margin indent Using Outlook 9
P Automatic personalized reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How to get a QR code for automatic signin with Outlook for iOS Using Outlook 5
U Rolling Back Office broke automatic updates Using Outlook 4
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 - Automatic purge fail Using Outlook 0
A Automatic forwarding to different people on a rotational basis Using Outlook 2
B Removing Recipients from an automatic response Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Automatic color category according to variable domains Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N automatic response with an attachment based on the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E How to send automatic emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
N VBA Script to Send Automatic Emails from Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Desktop - Automatic Rule Processing Using Outlook 3
P Threat to being a spammer while sending automatic Emails through VBA Using Outlook 3
B Automatic picture download and changing email addresses Using Outlook 3
J why won't the automatic send/receive work Using Outlook 7
S rule, automatic replies, restricting them to within the company Using Outlook 1
R automatic signature Using Outlook 0
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
H Automatic excel data added to Certain Emails that are received Using Outlook 3
M Automatic Bcc Using Outlook 2
C starting Outlook 2003 sp3 sets Junk Email setting to 'No automatic filtering' Using Outlook 3
K automatic cleanup folder Using Outlook 3
B How to automatic save Sending or replying contacts e-mails into contacts? Using Outlook 0
J Form design - how do I insert an automatic date/time field? Using Outlook 2
D Stop automatic opening BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P propagate automatic formatting to other Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: Propogate Automatic Formatting to Other Folder in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Sending automatic email from Access using Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Code to import address book in automatic mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
N Line to move origEmail to subfolder within a reply macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 2016 Macro to Reply, ReplyAll, or Forward(but with composing new email) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Reply to email Using Outlook 4
A Edit attachment Save and Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1