Suggested contacts are not retained after exiting Outlook 2010; Windows 8.1

lhgarrett

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
After sending an email from an IMAP account to a new contact from my address book, as expected, the contact shows as a suggestion for new emails when typing into the To, Cc, and Bcc lines. Upon exiting Outlook, and restarting Outlook the contact no longer appears as a suggestion. There are, however some suggested contacts retained.

My address book is using contacts from iCloud; I am running Outlook 2010 under Windows 8.1.

I have checked: File->Options->Contacts-
Automatically create Outlook contacts for recipients that do not belong to an Outlook Address Book

I have checked: File->Options->Mail-
Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing into the To, Cc, and Bcc lines

I have tried Emptying the Auto-Complete list, and also deleting the

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache directory.

I'd like to know how to manage the suggested contacts list, so that I can selectively add contacts to it that will be retained after closing and reopening outlook

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: Suggested contacts are not retained after exiting Outlook 2010; Windows 8.

Names not already in your address book should be added to the Suggested Contacts folder in your local pst file when you send them email. The address *should* also be added to the autocomplete list. If the autocomplete list isn't getting saved, it means either the list is corrupted (you reset it and deleted the stream, which would fix corruption) or Outlook isn't closing "cleanly" and the data isn't being written to the stream. Close Outlook yourself a few minutes before shutting down the computer and if anything is using the data file (like sync software other than iCloud), exit the software before closing outlook. If you don't reboot every day, don't let windows updates reboot automatically, reboot it yourself.

lhgarrett

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP

I tried again to reset everything: I exited Outlook, rebooted the laptop, checked to Empty the Auto-Complete list, then deleted the

RoamCache directory. No suggestions for the iCloud contact is retained after exiting and restarting Outlook.

After sending an email to one of my iCloud contacts, and exiting Outlook, I see that the Date Modified time on the Stream_ files is not changing. The other Add-ins that I might suspect are iCloud, iTunes and Dragon Naturally Speaking. I don't have any other syncing software that I know of running. I'm also running McAffe Total Protection.

I double-checked that I have checked both:

Automatically create Outlook contacts for recipients that do not belong to an Outlook Address Book

Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing into the To, Cc, and Bcc lines

lhgarrett

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP

Additionally, there are only eight files in the RoamCache directory; the Stream_Autocomplete_ file was never re-created.

I then tried sending an email to a non-existant email address to see if Stream_Autocomplete_ would be created with the non-existant address as a Suggested Contact. After exiting Outlook there was still no Stream_Autocomplete_ file created.

lhgarrett

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP

Hello Diane. Do you have any other suggestions for me? I have a second PC running Windows Vista that seems to be working with Outlook, and I could copy appropriate files from that PC to the Windows 8.1 PC. I'd need guidance, though, since I see multiple versions of .nst, .ost, and .pst files.

Thank you!