Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body

Aussie

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
All,

Nice forum ... I am somewhat a newbie ... and I like writing VBA :)

I searched but could not find any VBA to allow me to Copy an email's Recipient Names into the introductory line of the Email Body.

So, for example, when I have added email addresses to the "To:" line:
To: lsywalker@outlook.com, dmaul@outlook.com

I would like to run a macro that adds a line like this to the first line in the body of the email. That is, extract the first names for each contact from the contact list and concatenate them:
Dear Luke, Darth,

And then complete the rest of the body text manually?

Can this be done? Can someone please point me in the right direction (e.g., sample code snippet)

Thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If you are doing a mail merge or are picking up the address from a contact you can insert the contact name. I have samples that do this. If you are just replying, you could use the person's display name (not always the best idea because it might be in last, first order).

Looking up a contact is doable but I'm not sure if i have any code samples that show how.

you'd use something like
Set oContact = colItems.Find("[FullName] = '" & sSenderName & "'")
If Not (oContact Is Nothing) Then
' use something else for the introduction
else
' get the name from the found contact
ocontact.fullname
end if

(the Find snippet is from http://www.slipstick.com/developer/create-contacts-from-messages/ - which checks for contacts before creating one for the sender of a message)

Aussie

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Diane ... thanks for the starter code ... I'll see what I can do ...

KoolPal

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I've been hunting for this for a long time with no luck! Perhaps now I'll get the solution!!