Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynn

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi there,

Diane you have already helped me immensely with your articles. Hopefully you can help me here.

I've set up an Outlook.com account on Outlook 2013 in order to sync with the outlook.com calendar.

I'm now running into trouble with my Blackberry. The Blackberry will sync to the outlook.com calendar on my computer, and it labels all appointments as "BLink" (in red). The problem is I cannot set this "BLink" calendar as the default on my Blackberry, because it is not associated with any email on the Blackberry. So every time I add an appointment I have to manually change it to the "BLink" calendar, so that it will show up on my Outlook calendar when I sync them.

Alternatively, I tried adding the outlook.com email to the blackberry in the same way I did with Outlook on my desktop, but I ran into trouble because the outlook.com account email is the same as my hosted email address. Blackberry kept saying "this account has already been created" even though I was putting in the correct server and password for the outlook.com account email.

Any suggestions on how to either set the "BLink" calendar as default on the Blackberry OR set up the Outlook.com account on the blackberry in the presence of the original email?

Many thanks,

Brynn

You were using m.hotmail.com for the server address on the blackberry? I don't have a modern blackberry to test, so I'm not really sure what you need to do - i can't test anything to see how it works. :(

Many thanks Diane for your quick reply. Much appreciated!
Yes I was using m.hotmail.com for the server address. I'll keep trying :)
Brynn

Are you using the Exchange account setup or does BB have an Outlook.com ActiveSync type? On my droid, i used exchange/corporate option and m.hotmail.com as the server.

Hello Admin,

I'm not using an Exchange account. ActiveSync is available for Blackberry in order to hook up to an Exchange Account (if I've understood correctly). Instead, we're using Blackberry Link to sync all the data with the computer / Outlook.

It is working, but I can't seem to set the default to the calendar I want on the Blackberry (which is an outlook.com calendar accessed through Outlook). This means that every time I set an appointment I have to manually change which calendar it is added to.

Blackberry will only recognize calendars (to set as default) that are associated with an email. But if I try to add the outlook.com email blackberry says "this account has already been created" ... even though I was using the m.hotmail.com server and associated password... because the email looks the same as my other hosted email. That is the dilema I was hoping to get around :)

Many thanks for the responses!!

Brynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Calendar data can be viewed on Outlook.com, but no longer syncs to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
B How to get Meeting Invitations into Outlook.com calendar? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 Calendar events not appear on Outlook.com Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
K Outlook 2013 calendar issue with Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Outlook.com calendar not uploading to Outlook 2013 calendar. Using Outlook 3
S Sync Outlook 2013 calendar via outlook.com to Android Exchange Server Administration 1
G Outlook 2013 not syncing changes to outlook.com account calendar? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
B Outlook.com calendar no longer syncing with Blackberry Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
T Outlook.com calendar as Group Calendar for Outlook 2013 users Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D iTunes moved Outlook.com Calendar to Delted Items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Calendar items are not being uploaded to outlook.com after copying Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
F sync outlook + outlook.com, calendar sync only 1way, contact sync 2way OK Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R How to Import Exchange Calendar data to Outlook.com Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
A Calendar Reminders are Removed with Sync to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
Paul Van Cotthem Is calendar synchronization between Office 2013 and Outlook.com capped by spam or bandwidth limits? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
H Calendar entry reminders in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
P Change the Outlook.com "from" address for calendar event invites Using Outlook 9
H Outlook.com calendar does not update from Outlook 2013 Home Premium Using Outlook 1
S Is it possible to backup Outlook.com/Outlook 2013 Email & Calendar info? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
P Sync 2013 calendar between 2 devices -Surface 2 and Desktop using Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
J Outlook Calendar will not sync with Windows Live.com account Using Outlook 9
V Sync calendar and contacts using Outlook.com and any LiveID Using Outlook 8
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2016 and Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook.com Account Using Outlook 3
C Outlook FROM ADDRESS -Outlook.com and Android Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook.com OST Stopped working without explanation Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A Reminder duplication Outlook and Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
D Outlook.com premium finally dying... what do I do with my domain? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
G Retention Policy for Outlook.com Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 0
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
T upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook Using Outlook 2
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
T How do I upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook? Using Outlook 5
T Many problems with outlook.com - will upgrade to Outlook soon Using Outlook 1
T I'm thinking about moving from outlook.com to the Outlook I have in my Office 365 Using Outlook 1
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
F outlook.com Exchane Server corrupts data Since September 2019 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
T Missing Folder in Outlook.com Using Outlook 3
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
dbjdbj Is it only me having a fun time with Outlook.com "beta" ? Using Outlook 3
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
I New Outlook.com Using Outlook 1
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Outlook.com is not showing, or finding via search, all my Contacts (People) Using Outlook 0