Duplicating email accounts, notes and missing calendar when iTunes syncs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffm91

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Help please. On syncing my iPhone5 with Outlook 2010, using iTunes, I have recently developed a strange issue. Can anyone assist please? Problem summary:
1) in Outlook I have 1 copy of each email account showing as normal, (12 accounts in total - 8 IMAP Google and Yahoo, 4 pop3) no problems at all with send and receive to or from Outlook. After syncing with iTunes, on each and every sync, I end up with 4 copies of each email account on my iPhone, giving me 48 email accounts on the iPhone and x4 receiving of every email.
2) also in Outlook I have 1 copy of each of my Notes showing ... After every sync I have 4 copies of each note showing on the iPhone.
3) also in Outlook I have only 1 Calendar but after a sync I have duplicate events showing on the iPhone and reminders coming up on both the iPhone and in Outlook for events that have long since been moved or cancelled.
I do not have iCloud active. I have no iCloud showing in Outlook or on the iPhone. I do not use Exchange.
I have tried deleting the email accounts on the phone and re-syncing; the same thing happens. I have deleted and reinstalled iTunes; that made no difference either. In iTunes I see 4 email account duplicates listed for each account on Outlook and I cannot uncheck their boxes or delete the duplicates. Overwriting information on the iPhone does not work. Even resetting the iPhone history does not work. I assume iTunes simply reads data from Outlook and that somehow I must have an error or duplication inside Outlook that is not visible to me, which is being acted upon by iTunes.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this and what will solve it please?
Many thanks.

R

rst75

Can you change the settings in itunes so you son't sync account settings to the iPhone? That could solve a lot of the problems.

Jeffm91

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks for the suggestion. Although this would stop email account duplication it does not stop the calendar and note issues and does not get to the bottom of the cause for all this in the first place. I need to know why i have duplcate accounts in Outlook I cannot appear to see and how to get rid of them.
Any other suggestions more than welcome please.

Neave

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
How can I restore missing notes from iTunes backup files? Can I just restore notes from iTunes backup flies and left other data unchanged?

Neave

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
How can I restore missing notes from iTunes backup files? Can I just restore notes from iTunes backup flies and left other data unchanged?
I think I find out the methods now, anyway, thanks. I actually restore notes from iCloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Duplicating Category Colors For Second User Using Outlook 1
B Problem when setting up 2010 from 2007, duplicating emails. Using Outlook 1
P contacts duplicating BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Programmatically duplicating BCM's "Link to Record" function BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M HTML email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 1
M Respond to Outlook Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U Outlook locking up when replying to Email Using Outlook 7
S Email Generated from another program and then edited sends original email. Using Outlook 2
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
T Original email text not shown when replying or forwarding the email. Using Outlook 6
H Search Email Header for Content Type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P How did hacker cause link to delete and archive containing email? Using Outlook 6
I 'quote marks' around email name Using Outlook 1
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
P i-Phone 6s Plus receiving 2 notifications from Outlook email Using Outlook 1
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
T Why is every new email pinned (to keep it on top)? Windows 10 Using Outlook 6
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 3
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook email to configure setup for each mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Macro to extract email addresses of recipients in current drafted email and put into clipboard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Auto Run VBA Code on new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
Bering Forward selected email without the original email appended Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Aussie Rules Run a Script on an Incoming Email OK and then the Email reverts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Reply to email Using Outlook 4
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
B disappearing original when attach to email Using Outlook 1
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Inbox shows old email Using Outlook 3
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
A Two Inboxes, Same Email? Using Outlook 3