No Show Group on ribbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margaret

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I know how to request a delivery receipt and a read receipt in Outlook 2013. My problem is that the Show Group and its tracking icon do not appear on the ribbon even when I have received a reply that a message for which I have requested a delivery/read receipt has been delivered/read. I go back to the original message in Sent and open it and click on Message but there is no Show Group on the ribbon. What must I do?

This is with the pop account? It should show automatically. The responses might not update automatically if the TNEF data is removed, but the Tracking tab should be present. I'll see if i can repro.

Diane, thank you for taking an interest. I'm afraid that I am not sure about the pop account bit with Outlook. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro. My other email using Microsoft Outlook is a pop/smtp type through my isp. Thank you for whatever help you can offer. Margaret

Diane, on further investigation the Type is Exchange active sync. Does this make sense and affect the matter? Thanks again.

That might make a difference . I'll check it out.

Outlook.com does not currently support tracking - you can request receipts but they won't process. Sorry.

Thank you, Diane. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I was away for a while.

I note that you say that Outlook.com does not support tracking. Is that the same for Outlook 2013 as part of the Microsoft Office 2013 suite, which is what I have? If so, it's very strange because the help function covers tracking and there are even videos online showing one how to do it. It just doesn't work in my Outlook 2013 32 bit! Does it work on your Outlook 2013 64 bit?

If tracking is indeed not supported in Outlook 2013 32 bit, do you know if there is any intention on the part of Microsoft to produce a fix?

Thanks for your help.

Margaret

Outlook 2013 supports tracking, just not with Outlook.com email accounts.

Tracking also requires TNEF data on the message to process - there is a chance this will be lost if using or sending to an Internet account (POP3 or IMAP), but generally speaking, it should work the majority of the time when you use Outlook desktop with IMAP, POP3 or Exchange accounts.

Diane, I believe that you have put your finger on the source of the problem. After experimenting, I now see that tracking doesn't work in Outlook 2013 for messages I send through my @hotmail.com account and there is no Show Group on the ribbon. However, when I send a message through Outlook 2013 using my other account which uses pop/smtp and send the message to another pop/smtp account, then the tracking system works and I have the Show Group on the ribbon.

In the latter case, I also get pop-up messages to tell me that the message has been delivered and then read. Thereafter, I can continue to see the "message has been read" information but the message delivered information vanishes. I suppose the logic is that if it has been read then it must have been delivered!

Thank you very much for your knowledgeable help. Mystery solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 365 How to show all calendars at startup? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
J Names in sent items suddenly show as Bob Smith (bobsmith@sample.com) Using Outlook 3
S Visual indicator of a certain property or to show a macro toggle Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Option to Show Cancelled Appointments Using Outlook 0
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
F Appointment Show All Fields Using Outlook 1
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
N How to disable shortcuts for Pilcrow in Outlook (Show or hide paragraph marks) Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox? Using Outlook 4
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 0
S Outlook.com birthdays show up 1 day late on iPhone contacts list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
A Outlook 2016 Will Not Show Any Data In the People Pane Using Outlook 17
Rupert Dragwater Email flag does not show up in Outlook2013 Using Outlook 13
S Show Total Number Of Items Not Displaying Using Outlook 9
Z Tasks from some users show up as emails Using Outlook 4
Caio "From" field doesn't show extra email addresses in Outlook 2016. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
O Worksheet doesn't show on jumplist Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2016 doesn't show contacts in address book Using Outlook 2
K Daily task list > show tasks on the exact due date and not on the "current date" Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Some mailboxes show deleted items as not read Using Outlook 5
C Discovery search does not show autoforwarded messages Exchange Server Administration 1
Thorsten show the correct calendar on start Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Marco doesn't show up when using Alt-F8 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Windows 10 - .msg files on disk show Explorer popup error Using Outlook 5
Phillip Show mail items in folder macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H How to show recipient email address? Using Outlook 0
H Is it possible to create a view that only show the first task in a list? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Make the Address Book show only e-mail addresses, not fax numbers Using Outlook 0
G Outlook does not show new appointments in To-Do-Bar Using Outlook 0
L How to show Delivered-To field in Inbox Using Outlook 1
T Desktop alerts show but no emails found Using Outlook 1
oliv- How to select an mailitem in explorer with "show as conversation" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
N To do bar - show more than 30 days of appointments Using Outlook 0
V move emails to windows folder and show sender details Using Outlook 7
J Outlook Rules not show Master Category List Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
A Show ALL of today's appointments in To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
D Mail accounts don't show up in navigation pane Using Outlook 1
wisedave Missing icon that show message was forwarded, etc Using Outlook 1
S Need CC: to show the original To: recip[ients Using Outlook 4