Win10 Office 2013 Outlook Calendar Data File?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldLincoln

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Old Outlook User just migrated from XP/Outlook 2003 to Win 10/Office 2013 Pro. I use FreeFileSync to back up Outlook files to a mirrored drive set. I finally think I figured out how to do the OST files but can't find out what all they include. I'm really concerned about email / calendar / contacts. Are they included in the OST files? Are they easy to use if I screw up a current file?

Thank you for all your past and future support (we go back a long ways).

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, all of that is included in the ost file - it's a complete mirror of the mailbox - but only the profile that created it can open it, so it's usually not worth backing up. If you don't trust the mail server, then you might want a copy, but you won't be able to open it on another computer.

Also - if you use imap, do not use the 'this computer only' folders for calendar and contacts. Use a pst file (which can be opened in any outlook profile) - this is the 'old' way, as used in outlook 2010 and older. if you remove the profile from 2013, you'll lose access to the calendar and contacts. More information - http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/2013/imap-accounts-outlook-2013/

Status
Not open for further replies.