What is the best way to find all records of an e-mail for our company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merritt2

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I need to find all records of e-mail conversations that occurred between a couple company employees and an external user (e-mail). Is it possible to do that with Exchange System Manager. Also, I have collected all of the employee's .OST files. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Is there any software that you recommend that does this. I tried looking in the list of Mailboxes that we have through Exchange Manger but with no luck.

Hmm I have an idea...go to the user properties in AD and then exchange general...delivery options...In the forwarding address field put your name and don't forget to tick the deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox....
By doing this all the mails recieved for that particular user will be delivered to your inbox as well as to the users inbox...
Then in your outlook you can create additional folders for example user name is xyz for this particular user you have added forwarding address to your mail box....go to your outlook create a new folder and name it xyz....create a new rule in your outlook. when a mail arrives to xyz move to the folder xyz....I this way you don't get confused..... Hope you understood and it helps you)....
Also, I think that this information will be useful to you.
http://www.fixya.com/support/t25251403-ost_pst_files_conversion_solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
cheapfaremart Which outlook version is best? Using Outlook 0
Horsepower What is best calendar practice for iMac Using Outlook 3
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
Rupert Dragwater What is the best way to back up pst Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky The Best Outlook Store Add-ins Contest Using Outlook 0
Patrick van Berkel Best way to share (and keep up-to-date) Macro's in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
oliv- Best practice for catching mailitem.events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Best approach for restarting custom task form development after seemingly corrupt form environment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X Best utility for repairing PST files? Using Outlook 3
S Best method to use Outlook Standalone with iPhone Using Outlook 13
D a suggestion ...sent with the best intentions Using Outlook 1
B What is the best way to use Outlook address book to select customer and then open Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
M How best to track OUTGOING referrals? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M best duplicate contact remover? Using Outlook 6
jobudge Reinstalled Outlook 2013 after system crash what is best way to synch with gmail? Using Outlook 1
M Best way to identify/designate contacts in incoming emails? Using Outlook 4
P Best way to locally backup/archive Gmail? Using Outlook 1
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
O What are best practices for a re-install Office 13 w/BCM with OS re-install BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G what is the best way to organize outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
D What would be the best strategy? Using Outlook 3
crazyboy BCM Installation Best Practices? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J Best way to move form old to new, larger pst? Using Outlook 2
M Best way to move outlook? Using Outlook 1
R Best way to share outlook calendar with 10 laptops Using Outlook 9
B Best way to get a pick-list on a form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Best way to distribute VBA project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Is Explorer.FolderSwitch the best event for hiding commandbarbutton? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2007 / Vista / Windows XP best combo needed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Form Region, Task Pain, Ribbon Extension - which way is best? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O How to find out the domain and server settings that my Outlook is using? Using Outlook 2
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
J search doesn't find anything Using Outlook 1
M Issues with templates - unable to find in old web app Using Outlook 3
O How to find and replace a word in Outlook-Agenda-Subject and Message? Using Outlook 0
B Search and Find Email by Folder Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M How can we find the list of users who are members of a deleted distribution list? Exchange Server Administration 2
N Disable Auto Read Receipts sent after using Advanced Find Using Outlook 4
H Outlook 2003 find by "has attachment" Using Outlook 1
geoffnoakes Find Contacts with UDFs "in this item" Using Outlook 1