Calendars in Outlook 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsay Graham

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I don't use Outlook, but my wife does and we are having a lot of trouble understanding calendars. A lot of web searching has not located the explanations I need, so here goes:
1. Can anyone point me to a good explanation (both simple and more advanced) of the way in which calendars, especially multiple calendars, work in Outlook 2016 -- including how to sync the Outlook calendar with an iPhone.
2. My wife has 4 or 5 calendars and she's not sure where they came from or what different purposes they serve. Some are empty and some appear to be duplicates (she does not share any calendars). They are My Calendars: Calendar - Outlook; iCloud: Calendar - iCloud, Calendar (2) and Home. Where can I find explanations of what the different calendars are, which one she should use and how to get rid of the others? And, in particular, what does the (2) mean after the second iCloud calendar?

Thanks in anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Sharing outlook.com calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
B Sharing Outlook calendars gone wrong Using Outlook 0
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky New in Office 365 and Outlook.com: Interesting Calendars Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Combine and Print Multiple Outlook Calendars Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Select Multiple Calendars in Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook.com Calendars Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky No drop down calendars in Outlook 2010 Print Options Using Outlook 0
M Not All Outlook.com Calendars Showing in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 18
T Consollidating all calendars to Outlook online, even from POP3 email invitations. Using Outlook 2
ACM Viewing Outlook calendars on multiple devices Using Outlook 3
P syncing outlook calendars Using Outlook 12
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
S Setup many personal calendars on outlook 2013 on new laptop- starting over Using Outlook 1
B Outlook contact, calendars, and tasks wont set up in icloud Using Outlook 4
M First post -help with managing two calendars Outlook 2010 /Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 0
B Excel 2010 vba to post appts to different outlook calendars at the same time Using Outlook 6
A Open calendars by default when Outlook starts Using Outlook 1
B Sharing Multiple Outlook 2010 Calendars (Exchange) Exchange Server Administration 4
W Outlook Calendars Using Outlook 0
M syning multiple calendars from Outlook 2007 through iTunes Using Outlook 3
B Problems with outlook calendar and android phone syncing calendars Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Using hosted exchange to sync outlook 2010 calendars and contacts to BB Z10 Using Outlook 4
A Two outlook calendars - how do I merge them Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Calendar- or any calendars Using Outlook 1
R Clean out the "Other Calendars" form Outlook 2007 sp2 Using Outlook 1
A Emailing Calendars Created in Outlook Calendar Printing Assistant Using Outlook 3
J Not all Outlook "My Calendars" show up in CPA Using Outlook 6
K Is it possible to sync IPhone to BCM Outlook contact, calendars ... all data? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
M How do I get Outlook Today to show appts from multiple calendars? Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook Connector and Calendars Synch? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 365 How to show all calendars at startup? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
D Sharing calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
K Can VBA intervene when updating Internet Calendars? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5