May 2017 Fix Didn't Fix?

Discussion in 'Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook' started by Nonya, May 30, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya

Sooo frustrating! I've been patiently waiting for the fix for the annoying issue that came with reconnection issue back in January (?):
    "The sending "From" account always defaults to Outlook.com account when replying or forwarding an email from another non-Outlook.com account."
    (It's the ninth issue in the Known Issue list)

Supposedly, the fix came out a week or so ago -- I got the "we need to close to update" message several days ago.

It didn't resolve the issue for me. OU 2016 restarted after applying the update, and I also rebooted my machine. The issue persisted, so I checked again for updates -- there are none.

Any suggestions and/or am I missing something?

I cannot adequately convey how frustrating this issue has been for me. The only reason I have an Outlook.com address in the first place is to sync my Outlook 2016 Calendar & Contacts between my desktop, laptop, SP3, and Windows Phones -- I don't use my Outlook.com to send/receive email at all. But, for the last several months, every single time I reply to or forward an email, I have to switch from outlook_ugly.com addy to the appropriate email account.

TIA,
    Saundra

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

what build number was installed? (They have different updates for different suites.)

3. Nonya

Nonya

Well, I'm not sure. I have Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Version 1609 (Build 7369.2130) with updates automatically downloaded and installed.
    When I click on About Outlook, I see Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.7329.1054) 32-bit.
    Do you need the Product or Session IDs?

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

this is what i needed to know. Right under the build #, it should say something like Current, Insider, Deferred - what does your say?

Deferred gets the updates later - Version and build numbers of update channel releases - (looks like you are on Deferred).

version-name.png

5. Nonya

Nonya

Thanks! Ahh -- yes, I'm on deferred, darn it. I'm not sure I'm correctly interpreting, but it looks like maybe . . . just maybe . . . the update will make it to me in a couple of weeks? I'll keep watching.

I wasn't too excited about early retirement at 57 in about a year & making the transition from a work-based subscription, but I suppose it's time to start exploring alternatives. I've been a dedicated Office user going wayyy back to something like version 3(?) and hopped on the Outlook bandwagon in a big way when it came out a couple of years later. It's mostly been an incredibly love affair (there were a few flirtations on my part but I never defected), but this last bit may be the beginning of the end. The non-work collaborations I work with now are mostly with (much) younger people who have drunk the Google (& Evernote) Kool-Aid & chuckle about me adamantly sticking with Office. I definitely don't want to lose my Calendar, which contains a huge chunk of my life, but going forward, maybe I need to look at more "modern" alternatives. A couple of years ago, my ESP added a CalDAV Calendar function -- I've never played around with it because I loved the power of OL, but maybe it's time.

Many thanks!

6. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Your next update will be in about 2 weeks, which i believe might be a few builds older than what you need for this. You might need to wait a couple of months, or more.

7. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

BTW, the big problem with caldav is having something that will sync to your desktop and devices - outlook might be able to connect to it, but can't write to it. It should work with phones.

if you don't need new office software but want a desktop email client, try eM client.