How to automaticlly Send/Receive every 3 mins but override send if send/receive is pressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorne17

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hello there,

I am curious how I can get outlook to function the way I had it on my previous computer. I had it setup where it would automatically process Send/Receive every 3 mins in the background. But when I wrote an email and hit send it would not send until that 3 min window. UNLESS (this is the big part I need) I manually pressed "Send/Receive All Folders".

I have looked all over the web for how to set this up the way I used to have it. However, I cannot find a solution. The only thing I can find is to setup a rule to delay message being sent every 3 mins. However, a lot of the time, I want to send it immediately by pressing send receive button. But if I'm using the Rule to "defer delivery" than I can't manually override the send It stays in my outbox. I have to wait those 3 mins.

Does this make sense? I know there's a way, I just can't find out how to set it up again!

Thanks in advance,

Lorne

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Soundsl ike you need the send and receive settings - Ctrl+Alt+S or the Send Receive tab, then Send Receive Groups menu - settings s near the bottom of the menu.

Set this setting to 3 min*** and turn off send immediately in Options, Advanced - its near the middle of dialog page
sr.png

***We actually recommend using not less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:

lorne17

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is exactly what I needed! Thank you! It was the Options/Advanced step I was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.