Outlook 2013 Folder View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have Outlook 2013 installed on 2 Win 10 PCs. The first one is a 15" notebook and when I am looking at my email folders there is a line which shows on the extreme right "Current Mailbox" and to the left of that "Search current Mailbox" and then to its left "Mentions" and to its left "Unread" and to its left "all". On my desktop PC the same line shows "Current Mailbox" and to the left of that "Search current Mailbox" and then to its left "All (as a drop down menu)" and to its left "Inbox". I like the desktop view but cannot figure out how to modify the view.
How do I make the changes.

I have screen prints of the 2 views but do not see how to add attachments..

There is a button to upload a file - use it to add attachments, but I don't need to see screenshots. The notebook has an older build; the desktop has a more current build. You can confirm by checking the build # in File, Office account.

Unfortunately, you can't change the options on the new view (but microsoft may change it - no one likes the extra steps needed to get to Arrange by).

Thanks for your response, I finally found the "upload file", it was right in front of me but I was overlooking it.

Attachments

• Outlook Header version 1.jpg
    Outlook Header version 1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Outlook Header Version 2.png
    Outlook Header Version 2.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 485
Yeah, that looks like the new changes. This is the current layout for a pop3/imap account in the compact format. (Outlook.com/Office 365 Exchange have tabs called Focused and Other instead of Inbox to separate important from less important mail.)

new-2016.png

BTW - are you sure you have 2013 on both? The Desktop sounds like 2016.

One of my PCs was recently upgraded to Office 365 and it had the screen like version 2, I then played around with the view and it's screen changed to version 1 and I cannot figure out how to get back to version 2, your help would be appreciated.

Version 2, which is this format, is the "old" view and was replaced in Outlook 2016 a few updates ago. (It's still in 2013, which is where i got this screenshot from). You can't go back to it (unless/until Microsoft changes it - Arrange by may come back out of the All menu, not sure about all/unread).
version2.png

This is version 1, it's the new format... You're stuck with it at this time.
version1.png

Thanks, I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I am wondering if there might be a work around. Since I had an Outlook 2016 with the view that I wanted until I played with it, there must be a file that contains that view. Since I have another PC with Outlook 2013 that has the view that I want, is there a file that I can copy from Outlook 2013 to my Outlook 2016 so I get the view that I want?

Would appreciate your comment or any other work around for the view.

All/Unread/Arrange by and Inbox/All aren't views, they are built into the interface - and they changed the interface. The only way to get All/Unread back is to roll back to an older version and disable updates. This is not recommended as you will not get security updates either, which will leave you susceptible to exploits.

You can vote your displeasure here - Bring back sorting for All/Unread/Mentions and Arrange By quick sorting by Date, Size, etc. – Got an idea? - as i mentioned earlier, i won't be surprised if Arrange by comes back out of the menu - users don't like it inside the All menu, as evidenced by the # of votes. I don't think All/unread tabs will come back though (but i could be wrong.)

Okay, thanks I added my vote and appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Can't create Folder Groups in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
C search outlook 2013 folder using keyword identifiers Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2013 IMAP folder showing 0KB file size Using Outlook 10
M Finding a folder by name Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
Mary B Outlook 2013: Rule for copying new email to folder & marking that copy as read Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2013: How did "Inbox" emails jump straight to the "Recover Deleted Items" Folder? Using Outlook 2
J Local Outlook 2013 folder and message changes not synced with EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
R Outlook 2013 email folder sync problems using OneDrive Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2013 - Default View for Public Folder Contacts Using Outlook 1
skylark53 Archive a single Outlook 2013 folder tree Using Outlook 5
O Outlook 2013 EAS Account and POP Account - Common Sent Folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 21
L Outlook 2013 not syncing imap unless the "Inbox" folder is clicked on.. Using Outlook 2
B Lost entire Contact Folder in Outlook 2013 - Cloud-based. Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2013: Permanently Unhide Scroll Bar in Folder Pane? Using Outlook 7
M How do you keep sent emails in the PST folder in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
J How To Change Font Size For Folder Names on Navigation Pane in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 search no longer works Using Outlook 2
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 Calendar Archiving Using Outlook 0
T Compuserve, Yahoo, Oath2 and Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
Paula S. Outlook 2013 won't recognize new password Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 "Item could not be moved - still an issue for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2013/Exchange 2013 - Conf Rooms not fully booking "resolved conflict" meetings Using Outlook 3
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
Rupert Dragwater Several questions regarding Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 9
P Outlook 2013 opens with FILE tab selected. Using Outlook 3
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
B Forward every other email in Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Synching Outlook 2013 Notes with iPhone 8 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2013 fails to start -- missing WindowsCodecs.dll error Using Outlook 3
David Michaels Contact card shows blank Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Calendar data can be viewed on Outlook.com, but no longer syncs to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
C Attached files on Outlook 2010 Sp1 & Exc 2013 are missing Exchange Server Administration 1
R Folders shifting around in Outlook 2013 and 2016 Using Outlook 3
P Sync Desktop Outlook 2013 with Outlook.com? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2013 changing iCloud reminder time? Using Outlook 0
M OUTLOOK 2013 CONTACT PROPERTIES Using Outlook 0