1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails
    Dismiss Notice

Marketing task MS BCM

Discussion in 'BCM (Business Contact Manager)' started by John Brewster, Dec 7, 2017.

1. John Brewster

John Brewster

Installed BCM on a PC running windows 10. If I send an email newsletter with html content individually to my self in outlook, it arrives as an html mail. If I send it as part of a mass marketing campaign, it send and arrives only in text. Have spent two days trying to send out our html xmas cards to no avail.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

do you have some addresses you can send a test to that is on a different server- gmail, outlook.com, etc so you can see if it gets stripped when you send it outside the server.

there could be a few reasons - the contacts are set to get plain text, something is stripping the html, or BCM is being goofy.

3. John Brewster

John Brewster

Interestingly, I have now tried sending an html xmas card from a laptop running BCM for a different company and different contacts, and that also is now getting received as a text mail. Could it be our hosting platform I wonder?

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Potentially... but it could be settings in outlook, antivirus scanners, or the host. Are the copies in the Sent folder ok?

My first guess is the merge is sending the messages as RTF and the TNEF blob is deleted by the AV or server: Outlook is Sending Winmail.dat Attachments

5. John Brewster

John Brewster

I switched off the anti virus to test and still the same. They are also text in the sent folder

6. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

this leads me to believe its outlook or bcm doing during the act of sending.

In a quick internet search, you aren't alone, but so far no actual solution - all of the responses are lame.

Which mass mail option are you using? When i choose Marketing > Mass Email and use the Outlook editor, the message is sent as html.

bcm.png

7. John Brewster

John Brewster

Just noticed that when I open a new email it automatically opens as text. I have set everything up as html, but still do0esnt work.

8. John Brewster

John Brewster

Yes, that is my mass email system as well. No mine opens up as text. I change the format and it seems to accept that, but still goes out as text

9. John Brewster

John Brewster

Yes, that is my mass email system as well. No mine opens up as text. I change the format and it seems to accept that, but still goes out as text

10. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

So the setting in Outlook's File, options, mail is set to HTML by default, bcm sends single messages to contacts as html but mass mail is plain text?

11. John Brewster

John Brewster

No all as text