Outlook 2010 exporting contacts names reversed in CSV file

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
My OL contact card fields are all set to display the first name first and last name last. Like 'John Smith'.

I export my contact file to my desktop as a windows CSV file. I then imported the file into Google Contacts. The contacts then appeared in reverse; 'Smith, John'. I deleted those I had just imported.

I found an Excel formula that converts 'Smith, John' back to 'John Smith' using a second column inserted into the CSV file. I then copied the John Smith and pasted it into a third inserted column as a 'Value'.

I then deleted the first two columns and saved the CSV file again and re-imported into Google contacts. From there I could sync with my mobile phone.

Seems a very long winded and complicated way of reversing two names!!

I did a search here but nothing I tried gave me an answer.

Is there a SIMPLE way to do the above?

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane.
I have the name as 'John Smith' in Full Name, File As, Display As and the Email field, the email field does not show the email address, just the name.
I have re-entered the details of a contact as above and the CSV file has reversed the name.

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have just opened a new contact card as the two snippets below:
Contact Card John Smith..JPG
CSV File John Smith.JPG

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'll see if i can repro. Seems stupid for Outlook to export in that format, but Outlook can be stupid...

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane.
I have tried again with the same result. Hope you have more success!

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane.
I guess you have not been able to find a fix for this problem. I cannot find any way to export the contact in the right format, it always reverts to surname,forname. Is this usual or does it normally export the other way round and mine's having a bad hair day?

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to you and all members.

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have just installed Office 2003 onto my wife's laptop. made a contact John Smith in Outlook 2003 and after installing the Outlook translator program, exported as a CSV file to Excel 2003, the CSV file showed as I need it; First Name and Last Name with no comma's.
Office 2010 is the reverse, grrrr.

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Think I may have found one reason, Mapping of fields, the top field of the right hand box showed 'Name' I deleted this and copied the First Name and Last Name from the list on the left to the list on the right. Generated another contact and opened it in Excel the A column showed the First Name and the B column showed the Last Name.
There was no column showing 'Smith, John'.

I will play a bit more to see if that was the only problem. but if it was, then I have spent days trying to sort it.
As they say, the question is only easy if you already know the answer!