• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook 2016 Overlapping Names in Folder List

Don Z.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm having a strange problem that I can't seem to fix. Some folder names in the folder list are overlapping as you can see from the attached image. I've tried running quick and full repair on Office. I also reinstalled Office but the problem is still there. I don't see overlapping on any other Office applications and the computer seems to be working fine.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Img_1695.jpg

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You could try restarting Outlook using the /resetnavpane switch, but first... are you using the Touch mode? You'll have a vertical toolbar on the right side of the reading pane - try switching to mouse mode from the Quick Access toolbar's touch icon -

Command Line Switches Tutorial

Last edited:

Zyg

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have a client with this exact same issue! Sometimes the folder gaps will appear when opening Outlook, sometimes they won't. The overlapping text is also present now and then. If they right-click and choose to create a new sub-folder, a new gap is instantly created.

Snap 2018-02-14 at 13.40.08.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I saw it on one of my systems yesterday. It went away when i switched navigation panes. It was on my hi-res laptop.