Overlapping Names in Folder List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Z.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm having a strange problem that I can't seem to fix. Some folder names in the folder list are overlapping as you can see from the attached image. I've tried running quick and full repair on Office. I also reinstalled Office but the problem is still there. I don't see overlapping on any other Office applications and the computer seems to be working fine.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Img_1695.jpg

You could try restarting Outlook using the /resetnavpane switch, but first... are you using the Touch mode? You'll have a vertical toolbar on the right side of the reading pane - try switching to mouse mode from the Quick Access toolbar's touch icon -

Command Line Switches Tutorial

Last edited:
I have a client with this exact same issue! Sometimes the folder gaps will appear when opening Outlook, sometimes they won't. The overlapping text is also present now and then. If they right-click and choose to create a new sub-folder, a new gap is instantly created.

Snap 2018-02-14 at 13.40.08.png

I saw it on one of my systems yesterday. It went away when i switched navigation panes. It was on my hi-res laptop.

wow...I have the same, but then my admin helped me( Try to reinstal it, maybe this will help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Fields in BCM are overlapping BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
N Trouble with server names Using Outlook 1
R Adding Userform Dropdown List items from names of subfolders on network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
O Same email address, same person, names in so many ways Using Outlook 4
J Names in sent items suddenly show as Bob Smith (bobsmith@sample.com) Using Outlook 3
M How to export Voting Results with user names and their responses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
R Add 'Company' to Select Names Form Using Outlook 1
N Rule for "on behalf of" - with changing names Using Outlook 2
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
M Using field names to capture a data element Using Outlook 0
L Hubby and Wife names in email address Using Outlook 1
T exporting contacts names reversed in CSV file Using Outlook 8
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
D Change First/Last Order of Contact Names (O 2016) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Replace Display Names with Email Addresses Using Outlook 0
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Add Attachment Names to Message Before Sending Using Outlook 0
F I want to migrate Outlook journal to excel including contact names Using Outlook 10
Diane Poremsky Log Messages and Attachment Names Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2007 Select Names Default columns Using Outlook 3
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R VBA to count email Subject names Using Outlook 1
D Inconsistent order of names displayed Using Outlook 7
J Swedish characters in Outlook folder names Using Outlook 0
J autocomplete in "To" field does not work for display names Using Outlook 8
R BCM lead form layout field names not being displayed Using Outlook 0
G Address names auto complete not working - Outlook 2007 version Using Outlook 1
R contact names does not display in compose emails using Outlook2013 Using Outlook 3
N Contact Groups - names keep changing from Contacts to AddressBook Using Outlook 5
A BCM 2010 account names import in reverse order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P Different names for the same email address Using Outlook 1
J How To Change Font Size For Folder Names on Navigation Pane in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
I Address book contacts not listed in "Select Names:Contacts" window Using Outlook 2
T Click "A" to see all email from people with names starting with A... etc Using Outlook 3
S Inbox names appear greyed out Using Outlook 3
williamlambton Filter which removes Display Names from incoming emails. Using Outlook 2
U Address Book Issue - Old or incorrect address shows up on some user names Using Outlook 2
D Contacts as default in Select Names dialog Using Outlook 1
W Names reversed in Full Name field Using Outlook 4
R how to copy a list of email contacts and paste them only as names (not names + email address) Using Outlook 12
T Autocomplete, although enabled, does not complete names in TO: Using Outlook 4
J Select Names Dialog Box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
R multiple display names Using Outlook 6
S Why are different email names displayed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M How to handle Outlook Contacts who have multiple Names BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
O Outlook 2007: Phone List View - Field Names Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 2007: change field names Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F Managing and parsing names other than main contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
U Outlook does not recognize one or more names Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Resolving Names Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5