Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Seward

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I installed CodeTwo Sync for iCloud several weeks ago and it's been working perfectly syncing both iCloud calendar and the contact list into Outlook 2016. Just yesterday I started receiving an error "CodeTwo Sync for iCloud", "Looks like the folder below has been deleted: iClound\Calendar............ Do you want to remove it from the program's setting too? I click No. It's my opinion the iCloud\Calandar file has never been removed andI just want to re-establish the link. I've gone into iCloud setting un-checked "Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks" closed and then reopen and re-check that items. Going thru that function didn't solve the problem.

This typically happens when you log out of icloud for Windows or sometimes when you upgrade to a later version of icloud for Windows. The when you open Outlook you get that message. I answer "yes" to that question because when you log out and back into icloud for Windows, it sets up a new icloud calendar in Outlook and the question is directed to the former version of that calendar. They will likely both be the same and if you keep them both the older of the icloud calendars should end up under the My Calendars heading and the newer one under the iCloud heading in the Folder Pane. Also, when you log out and back into icloud for Windows, you should see your icloud contacts and calendars being uploaded from icloud. And when you get back into Outlook, your Code Two Sync settings should be blank (and you will need to re-enter the sync you want. What may be happening with you is because you kept the old calendar, Code Two is trying to sync with that old calendar which is now not connected to icloud anymore (because that connection was replaced by the new calendar created when you logged back in).

Take a look at which calendars are listed in the Folder pane in Outlook and under which headings. That might give you a clue as to what is going on. I think your best bet is to: 1) in Outlook create a dummy calendar under My Calendars; 2) in Outlook, copy all of the calendar entries from Calendar-icloud under the iCloud to the dummy calendar (this is to make sure you don't lose anything because when you log out of and back into icloud for Windows, all of the calendar entries in the calendar that you sync with the icloud calendar will disappear; 3) close Outlook; 4) log out of iCloud for windows; 5) log back into iCloud for windows and tick "Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks with Outlook". You should see a status bar that shows items being downloaded from iCloud. If any message come up about keeping your icloud calendar in Outlook, click no; 6) re-open Outlook and if the message comes up about a folder being deleted, click yes to remove it from the programs setting.; 7) check in Outlook to see if the calendar under icloud has all you calendar entries; 8) check in Outlook to see if the calendar that you want to sync with the icloud calendar (not the dummy calendar you created in step 1) is empty (it should be). If it isn't but the icloud calendar does have them, then delete all of the entries in the sync calendar. Go into CodeTwo Settings from within Outlook and set up the two-way sync between the icloud calendar and your desired sync calendar. This should populate the sync calendar with all of the icloud calendar entries. If it all works, then you can delete the dummy calendar. If anything goes awry with the icloud clanedar, you can always use the dummy calendar to repopulate all of the entries into the icloud calendar. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Create A Search Folder That Looks For Message Class? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Changing looks of emails in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 0
Z alter the timeout for how long outlook looks for a content-server on an HTML-email? Using Outlook 5
S 2010 outlook today looks like an empty email box Using Outlook 4
A Contact form looks quite different after adding a new control? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D This folder up to date vs all folders up to date Using Outlook 1
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Search and Find Email by Folder Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Folder Pane Colour Categories Using Outlook 6
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 8
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
lcarpay Stay in the mail folder pane after ctrl-1 Using Outlook 1