Merge two contacts folders

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
for reasons unknown I ended up with two contacts folders: one has 600 contacts and the other has the more complete 1,200 contacts. Unfortunately I didn't realize the smaller one was incomplete (except for being unable to find some contacts) so I know that I added or edited within the incomplete contacts folder.

Any third party tool that will compare the two contacts folders and flag the ones that are different so i can decide which to "update" or add to the more complete contacts folder.

As far as I know the Sperry tool only works to find dupes within a singe contacts folder, not across two different ones.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
There are duplicate checker utility available - or, if the last mod dates are different in the smaller folder (so you know which ones you updated) - you can use a list view and show the last modified field. Sort by it and drag the ones with newer dates to the other folder.

BTW, You don't need to use a 3rd party utility to merge two contacts folders. Use a list or card view, select all and drag to the other folder.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M I am using Windows 7. I have two folders for contacts how do I merge the two and make sure that I have all of the most current information. Using Outlook 2
M Mail merge to single contacts + contact groups? Using Outlook 4
J Contacts Notes field will not mail merge after migration to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
H Mail Merge Contacts Using Outlook 4
L In MS Office 2010 Contacts I need to merge two groups both called "company: None". Using Outlook 2
D Mail merge to create labels for Outlook contacts DOES NOT WORK Using Outlook 3
T Suggested Contacts lost when trying to merge into contacts Using Outlook 1
G I am trying to transfer/merge my Outlook Express contacts to my new Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 Outlook. Using Outlook 1
L mail merge with outlook contacts Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2007 contacts mail merge to lables Using Outlook 3
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
K Delay Send and Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Merge .pst files (without structure) Using Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C Merge two archive calendars Using Outlook 1
S Merge Emails with attachments with inbox rule to forward Using Outlook 5
iwshim outlook mail merge -rich text Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email New Slipstick.com Articles 0
H Mail Merge status remaining "Not Executed" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
iwshim mail merge and add the contact picture outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
A Reply/Forward Emails using Mail Merge BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S Custom field not populating in Custom View or Mail Merge Exchange Server Administration 2
W Combine Mail Merge to Distribution List with Auto Attachments - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B Two Inboxes after upgrade, how to merge? Using Outlook 4
A Two outlook calendars - how do I merge them Using Outlook 3
M Using mail merge with stationery Using Outlook 5
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
P Mail Merge vs Direct Mail Print BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A Mail Merge - Sent but still in Outbox Using Outlook 5
R specify from account in mail merge Using Outlook 3
G Mail Merge via Proxy Email? Using Outlook 2
B Need to merge PST, and remove duplicate items Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2007 Mail Merge not working anymore Using Outlook 1
D Publisher 2010 (x64) not connecting with Outlook 2010 (x64) via Mail Merge Using Outlook 1
J Mail merge, labels, contact lists, address block Using Outlook 2
F Office 2010 Mail merge into Work 2010 using a specific Outlook catagory filter. Using Outlook 2
R cannot use public contact list for merge Using Outlook 1
F Attachments (such as pdf) in a mail merge Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
F Mail merge in Word/Outlook 2010 using multiple email accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 2
J mass email limitations when sending mails using mail merge. Using Outlook 2
S Merge Outlook mails to Windows Live Mail Inbox Using Outlook 4
E After restore and merge outlook will not receive emails (Exchange) Using Outlook 4
G I have two address books, would like to merge Using Outlook 3
T User-defined fields in Outlook to be incorporated into Mail Merge documents Using Outlook 1
I E-mail Merge with Word/Outlook 2010 Exceptionally Slow Using Outlook 3
C Issues with ctearing mail merge file with Outlook 2010 & Win 7 Using Outlook 1
M Mail Merge email using data from MS Access Using Outlook 1
A Using Mailing Address in Mail Merge with BCM Using Outlook 1