Status
Not open for further replies.

StevesTree

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi
I am trying to change the default font size in Outlook 2010 (via file, options, mail, stationary and fonts).
When I click the Stationary and Fonts button it turns to blue background. Outlook then fails to respond for a while but never opens the form to make the change.

I tried the Registry changes in this link.
I tried repair install.
The preferred solution is almost anything other than full uninstall and reinstall of Office. Is it possible to change via a Registry setting or similar

StevesTree

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Poor reading on my behalf. Sorry. I'll put it down to advancing years ('advancing' being kinder than 'advanced').

The Powershell script did nothing. Manual uninstall made the difference.
Thank you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The powershell would only work if the store version was preinstalled - its the most common cause of the problem, although it will be going away as they killed that version.

StevesTree

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Presumably it was preinstalled by Dell. I certainly didn't install it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Presumably it was preinstalled by Dell. I certainly didn't install it.
Yeah... they did.

I first discovered the store version on a Dell, back in Jan 2018 when a client had problems and i saw weird file paths for ost files. I found out about 2 months ago that Microsoft was dumping the store version (good riddance!) but don't know when the OEMs switched to using C2R as the pre-installed version.

StevesTree

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Sounds like someone else has a healthy attitude to store apps

My Dell is only one month old. Dell seems to go overboard with pre-installed programs and apps. A lot is cleaned out already (Candy Crush went on first boot together with a lot of other games) but there is still research to be done on some of the 'rubbish' pre-installed.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Sounds like they switched over to the C2R build.

It's not just Dell that goes overboard. I have a lenovo and it was the same with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
C Unable to see meeting attendees Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
UncleBill Unable to delete items from gmail IMAP Trash using Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K Unable to activate QueryBuilder in Outlook 2010 (32bit) with Windows 7 (64bit) Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010, two exchange mailboxes configured.Unable to see 2ndrymeeting req Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010 unable to send iCloud account e-mail after iOS 7 upgrade Using Outlook 12
F Outlook 2010 unable to delete emails from scanner Using Outlook 1
T Unable to open msg files in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 11
P Unable to delete custom forms in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
H Unable to receive emails in Outlook 2010 from webmail address Using Outlook 5
M 0x800CCC15: Outlook 2003 Unable to Connect to ISP after 12/14/2010 Updates Using Outlook 2
W Unable to sync Outlook contacts and calendar since upgrading from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Unable to search contacts in Outlook 2003 - Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Unable to open/preview attachments in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 unable to use mail when in home wireless network. Using Outlook 3
F Unable to open microsoft outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 Exchange / SMTP: unable to send Using Outlook 2
K Recipients are unable to reveive pictures that I send as attachments in Outlook 2010 and Gmail Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 unable to connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 8
K Unable to open attachments in Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Q unable to set up email account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 Client - "unable to connect to retrieve additional data" for some Distribution lists Exchange Server Administration 7
I Outlook 2010 - Unable to view embedded / in-line data pasted from Excel 2010 into Lotus Notes e-mail Using Outlook 5
L I am unable to receive emails in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
E Outlook 2010 : unable to open attachments Using Outlook 1
M Unable to Send\Receive in Outlook 2010. Error: "Operation Failed" Using Outlook 3
B Unable to install Business Contact Manager for Outlook Professional Plus 2010 on WIN 7 - 64bit Using Outlook 1
P unable to use Send To Mail Recipient or from any other program to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010. Unable to send\receive, Error 0x800CCCDD Using Outlook 1
G Unable to get rid of pop-ups in Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
A Unable to remove additional delegated/associated mailbox from outlook 2010 - Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 9
B Outlook 2010 - unable to add a Public Contacts folder as an email address book - 'Outlook Address Bo Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 Level1Remove unable to unblock .lnk files Using Outlook 8
A Multiple recipients causes interface error and unable to resolve address Outlook 2010 W7 Using Outlook 2
K Unable to use Outlook 2010 on xp Using Outlook 4
G unable to download emailed pictures in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P Unable to open Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
P Unable to send email using Outlook 2010 using Verizon ISP Using Outlook 3
C Locked out of MS Outlook 2010 Trial Version - unable to export messages to Windows Live (Windows 7) Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010~Unable to send email from draft folder Using Outlook 3
W Unable to open pst file Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
N Unable to Open Hyperlinks in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
G Re: Outlook 2010 - Unable to edit signatures or stationary 7 fonts Using Outlook 1
J Unable to access public folders in Outlook 2007 on Exchange 2010. OWA PF works fine Using Outlook 7
M Unable to install Outlook Social Connector for LinkedIn on Outlook 2010 (64bit) Using Outlook 9
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5