Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsellin1

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
My company uses an ERP system that emails our customers their invoices as attachments. For whatever reason, these emails from the ERP system are not delivered to Gmail or Yahoo email accounts, but we have included ourselves as recipients and get it without issue. From there we can Reply All, include the Attachment, and our customers receive their invoices. This is an entirely manual process right now. To get around this, I am trying to create a rule that when we receive the emails, the ReplyAll with Attachments occurs automatically.

I thought I had it with the VBA code below, but it when it is triggered by the rule, it Replies All with Attachment based on the email I have selected in Outlook and the time the rule is triggered, and not based on the email that triggers the rule. Please help me out. I am an accountant not a programmer.

Code:
Sub ReplyAllWithAttachments(Item As Outlook.MailItem)
'ReplyAllWithAttachments

Dim oReply As Outlook.MailItem
Dim oItem As Object
Set oItem = GetCurrentItem()
If Not oItem Is Nothing Then
Set oReply = oItem.ReplyAll
CopyAttachments oItem, oReply
oReply.Display
oReply.Send

End If

Set oReply = Nothing
Set oItem = Nothing
End Sub
Function GetCurrentItem() As Object
On Error Resume Next
Select Case TypeName(Application.ActiveWindow)
Case "Explorer"
Set GetCurrentItem = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
Case "Inspector"
Set GetCurrentItem = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
End Select
End Function
Sub CopyAttachments(oSourceItem, oTargetItem)
Set oFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set fldTemp = oFso.GetSpecialFolder(2) 'Temporary Folder
sPath = fldTemp.Path & "\"
For Each oAtt In oSourceItem.Attachments
sFile = sPath & oAtt.FileName
oAtt.SaveAsFile sFile
oTargetItem.Attachments.Add sFile, , , oAtt.DisplayName
oFso.DeleteFile sFile
Next
Set fldTemp = Nothing
Set oFso = Nothing
End Sub

Replies All with Attachment based on the email I have selected in Outlook and the time the rule is triggered, and not based on the email that triggers the rule.
You mean the reply is using the wrong From address?

You need to use
Set oReply = oItem.ReplyAll
oReply.SentOnBehalfOfName = "alias@domain.com"

Diane-
First off, thanks for your reply. I was really hoping to get a response from you, since I have read countless forum posts and your replies, and you are obviously an expert at this.

That being said, no, the reply using the wrong From address is not what I mean. The wrong email is being selected, and replied all to. I think the issue is in the portion of code, " Set oItem = GetCurrentItem() ".

From my testing, what I can tell is that this sets the currently selected email as the item to use when replying all.

For example:

When I first open Outlook, if I don't click on an email, no email is selected. If an email is received that triggers the rule, oItem is set to nothing and the script ends without replying to any email.
1600436547236.png

If I have clicked on an email, it is selected. If an email is received that triggers the rule, oItem is set to the previously selected email and the reply all is based off of that email and not the new email that triggered the rule. Example being the screenshot below. I have the "Welcome to SAP Analytics Cloud" email selected. If the "9:00 AM Distribution" email is received and triggers the rule, the "Welcome to SAP Analytics Cloud" email is set to the oItem and the reply all of that email is sent to noreply-sac+notification@sap.com. What I want to do is to get the email that triggers the rule to be selected and set as the oItem.
1600437447118.png

The code works perfectly if I run it as a Macro instead of a script. But this requires selecting each email individually, running the Macro, and then going to the next email. For this to be a viable option, I would need to adjust the code so that I can select multiple emails and have it loop through the code for each email in the selection. (Which I don't know how to do)

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.