Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com> appearing as a duplicate entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAPJF

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
When an appointment is booked in Outlook, I see two appointments.

The first appointment is the actual appointment itself which is confirmed as I have Outlook set to automatically accept meeting requests.

The second appointment, shown at the same time, is the same information and comes from Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com>.

How do have Outlook not show the duplicate appointment from Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com>?

Do you have the google calendar synced with outlook? That should be the only reason you have two. If they are on the same calendar, a custom view to hide the google ones should work - or if separate calendars, don't display the google calendar.

Diane, thanks for the reply. The email account syncs with a server that uses the Exchange protocol. Outlook is also using CalDav Synchronizer that syncs Google calendars to Outlook. The main Outlook account is not a Google account. I'm not sure if CalDav Synchronizer plug-in is causing this issue.

The Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com> appears on my desktop. On my notebook, which also syncs to the same server, I do not see the Google Calendar <calendar-notification@google.com>.

Any additional insights are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
G Outlook VBA and Google Calendar ("Events") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook and google calendar stuck if I close outlook Using Outlook 1
C Sync Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
Commodore Are newer versions of Outlook still "less secure" to Google? Using Outlook 22
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
R How to Sync *all* Google Workspace Mail Folders with Outlook 2019 (MS365) Using Outlook 3
R How to Change Margins In Google Docs...? Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 365 blocked by Google popup Using Outlook 2
O Synchronising contacts Outlook 365 with Google v.v. Using Outlook 4
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
D launching a link in google Using Outlook 1
Horsepower Google says Outlook 2016 is not a secure app Using Outlook 4
C Search with Google Macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
M Google Apps Mail *SENT* from iPhone doesn't download to Outlook via POP3 Using Outlook 1
T bcc and Google imap Using Outlook 3
B synching outlook 2010 with google on android phone Using Outlook 6
C Odd error message not found in Google search Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2013 IMAP using Google Mail App not syching Sent Mail Using Outlook 3
C Setting up Outlook 10 on Widows 8 using Google Server Using Outlook 3
A Recommend add-on or utility enabling quick Google search within Outlook Using Outlook 7
D Outlook/Google Configuration Using Outlook 27
S too difficult of a question to google Using Outlook 2
billzant RSS feeds and google Using Outlook 2
M How do I change the default map from Bing to Google in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 23
I Links not working after un-installing Google Chrome Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Connector equivalent for Google Mail? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 registry hack - delete emails - Google Apps Using Outlook 0
F Google Desktop fails to index Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
N The add-in "C:\program files\google\google desktop search\googledesktopO..." could not be installed Using Outlook 32
E Google MAPI account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Error in Outlook Object Model with redemption and google apps prem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1