When I say it is not

Horsepower

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Sorry for a vague title, but everything else I tried was rejected. In Outlook for Mac and Outlook for iPhone, when I mark something "not junk" for several months, I expect the sender to be recognized but that does not happen?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is an outlook.com account? It sounds like the address is not being added to the safe sender list. Log into Outlook on the web and check the safe list in Outlook.com's Settings (gear icon) > View all Outlook settings > Junk Email. Was the address added to the list?

I don't know about the phone, but some versions of Outlook on mac won't update the blocked/safe lists.

Horsepower

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Thank you for the reply. I am convinced that both Outlook on iMac and Outlook on iPhone do not update the lists. Maybe hopefully in future. I guess it's an Outlook.com issue because I have 5 emails in there (1-Gmail, 1-hotmail, 2-live, 1-MSN)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I haven't checked on my iPhone - because I never mark mail as junk on it - so you are probably correct. It uses a protocol similar to what the mac version uses. Gmail is added to the outlook apps (both ios and mac) as a "Microsoft Cloud" account - which is basically an outlook.com account with some backend magic so Gmail calendar & contacts sync. If you add the account as imap, blocked lists should be stored locally on the mac.