Kernel Outlook .pst viewer

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I've been using kernel Outlook viewer to load saved .pst from the past that I have saved. I'm able to view emails but I haven't done much more with it. I was wondering if there are any other programs or utilities that can load a .pst file and what I would like to do is select emails that are in the .pst and forward email I chose to my current email.

This program does the job but a more full featured almost email client like interface where you could chose specific emails and forward them to yourself.

Anyone know of a such program?

Thanks

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I've been using kernel Outlook viewer to load saved .pst from the past that I have saved. I'm able to view emails but I haven't done much more with it. I was wondering if there are any other programs or utilities that can load a .pst file and what I would like to do is select emails that are in the .pst and forward email I chose to my current email.

This program does the job but a more full featured almost email client like interface where you could chose specific emails and forward them to yourself.

Anyone know of a such program?

Thanks
Even better is there a way that I can download a .pst into my current Outlook 2021 just for viewing the emails in that .pst file without messing up my current .pst file for my regular emails?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Even better is there a way that I can download a .pst into my current Outlook 2021 just for viewing the emails in that .pst file without messing up my current .pst file for my regular emails?
Um... File > Open & Export > Open Outlook data file? Then remove it when done - right click on the pst name in the folder list and choose Close pst.

The only time you really need a pst viewer (and they are a couple of others, not sure if they have any better features than kernel) is if you don't have outlook.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks for your reply Diane, and I deserve the Um... Because after I posted the question I thought about it more and did as much research as I could but couldn't get the answer I wanted but felt dumb for posting a simple question. My brain told me that I could import but something also told me that I could screw up my current .pst. So your confirmation helped a great deal, actually I started to import hoping I could just pick a certain folder and I noticed that it added that email account to my Outlook as if it was a 2nd email address which in fact it was my prior email address. My ISP did away with their email service so I had to go to Gmail luckily I saved my .pst on a regular basis so I have a folder that has 50 to 75 different dates that I saved the .pst. I guess I always thought it was a smart thing to do in case something ever happened I could always go back and I wouldn't lose too much.

Forget everything I say above, I just imported a .pst and even though it had the other email address listed making me think the imported emails would go under that email address they didn't the nerged with my current .pst and when it was done importing the other email address just went away????

So I guess I will have to go through every folder and see what I have now. :(

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 2
D Alerts in outlook Using Outlook 1
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 0
J Recommendations for Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 6
O Outlook - How to embed font ? (If at all possible) Using Outlook 2
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T How to configure Outlook for two users on a single Windows account Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 365 Can I change the possible range of highlighting colours when writing an Outlook email? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 213 keeps crashing. I just found out there are DMP files. How can I tell Why? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2016 related mails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
@ Outlook Using Outlook 2
kburrows Outlook 365 - Ribbon Customizations Disappear Using Outlook 0
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
L Outlook 365 Outlook not working on linux how to solve it Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
S Activities in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S ios outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
S Outlook Macro for [Date][Subject] Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Outlook - eliminate same adresses from to, and bc line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
G Outlook Express (DBX) to Outlook (PST) Conversion Software Wanted Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
J Outlook EAS protocol version Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2021 'Run Script" Rules? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 8
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B iCloud telling me my Outlook is not supported Using Outlook 2
cheapfaremart Which outlook version is best? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
M Outlook settings will not accept a password Using Outlook 9
C Outlook FROM ADDRESS -Outlook.com and Android Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 365 Outlook/VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
O How to find and replace a word in Outlook-Agenda-Subject and Message? Using Outlook 0
gproston Why doesn't Outlook remember indexing? Using Outlook 1
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
R Outlook Logging Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Email notifications changed with Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 8
Y Disable Microsoft Outlook Test Message Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
Commodore Are newer versions of Outlook still "less secure" to Google? Using Outlook 22