Recent content by avant-guvnor

  1. avant-guvnor

    How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365

    I have an Office 365 subscription and I too have the Facebook Contacts (and Skype Contacts) folder in Outlook 2016 (Exchange). I can confirm also, that the folder does not show in the Outlook.com web interface. I am able to delete the Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 2016, only for it to...
  2. avant-guvnor

    Import csv problem

    You are correct. Even though I am importing Calendar events, the Mail option is affecting the import. I went to Outlook Options >> Mail >> Message Format and un-ticked the Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages option and the import works as expected. What is even more bizarre, is...
  3. avant-guvnor

    Import csv problem

    I went back to Excel and used the Alt+Enter line feeds and can confirm the EOL character is a linefeed (LF) and the end-of-record character is the Carriage Return+Linefeed combination (CR+LF): On import, the results are the same as my original post: I did report this issue to Microsoft...
  4. avant-guvnor

    Import csv problem

    Yes, I find it very odd indeed. It must be an issue with the current Outlook 2016 import code.
  5. avant-guvnor

    Import csv problem

    I am running Outlook 2016 16.0.9126.2152 32 bit on a Window 10 Pro 64-bit version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371) PC. If I import into a calendar, the attached csv file (which contains 2 calendar events), the description field in the second event is not parsed correctly . In the first event the...
  6. avant-guvnor

    Outlook.Application now produces error

    Thank you for the info and sorry for your loss. Keep up the good work. All the best.
  7. avant-guvnor

    Outlook.Application now produces error

    All code is running from a macro in Outlook 2016. Code has worked for years until the recent Office 365 update. Changed all Set oOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") to Set oOutlook = Outlook.Application. Code is now working. Still, it does not explain why/what changed in the Office...
  8. avant-guvnor

    Outlook.Application now produces error

    Today my Office 365 updated automatically to version 16.0.8625.2121. Now all my vba code in Outlook 2016 with: Dim oOutlook As Outlook.Application and Set oOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") produces the following error on the Set statement: is anyone else getting this or does...
  9. avant-guvnor

    Outlook for Android app alternative

    No, haven't tried the native Android app as I wanted something that handles more than Contacts. The Outlook for Android app handles mail, calendar, contacts etc. in a single app. It should work properly but doesn't. Personal email address and Work email address appear correct in...
  10. avant-guvnor

    Outlook for Android app alternative

    I have been using Outlook for 20 years, going back to Outlook 97 thru to Outlook 2016 (part of Office and now Office 365 subscriptions). I administrate several Windows PCs with Office 365, with different Microsoft accounts. This has worked well over the years starting with POP3, then IMAP...
  11. avant-guvnor

    Unable to view certain emails in Outlook 2016

    Yes, it's odd. I can view the email (via the link in Outlook 2016: If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser) in Internet Explorer 11 no problem.
  12. avant-guvnor

    Unable to view certain emails in Outlook 2016

    Yes, I forwarded the emails using the Outlook 2016 Forward (Ctrl+F) button, to other Outlook 2016 users to see if the problem was isolated to my PC/Microsoft account, but they are also unable to view the emails in Outlook 2016.
  13. avant-guvnor

    Unable to view certain emails in Outlook 2016

    Thanks for your help, but this is a problem with Outlook 2016 (and this has been confirmed by Microsoft thru a support incident) but there is so far, no resolution. The emails in question have been forwarded to many Windows 10 PC users, running Outlook 2016 and no-one can view the emails in...
Back
Top