How long it may take for 'Move all Replicas' from Exchange 03 to Exchange 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smally01

Dear all,

Sorry for bothering you guys but I'm 'chicken' on doing that public folder migration/replication in between exchange 2003 to 2010.

Long story, can be a good example for what means by a 'failure migration on public folders'

I had a public folder with size of 80Gb, I messed up with just replicate all of it in one go - a public folder replication storm occured after I select the whole PF to replicate to the new server.

And in between I tried stopped that by
- delete inter-connection (routing group) in between servers
- delete quese manually (nearly impossible as we are talking about deleteing 10,000 (or even 100 times more) from the queue and ESM just hung in between process)
- remove the replica from the PF
- Finally find the 'stop replica' on ESM and command shell but the replication process just couldn't stopped.

Have to wait until the whole process done - 'weather the storm' <- someone say from the internet

And I had to re-do the PF replication folder by folder and now they all in good shape.

Story end and now this is my question on 'Move all Replicas'

Since the main goal is to discontinue the Exchange Server 2003 so I need do 'Move all Replicas' from exchange server 2003. Would that be the long process? Say I don't want to have another 'public folder replication storm' ...

Thanks,
Smally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Create advanced search (email) via VBA with LONG QUERY (>1024 char) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
C Long List Of Outlook 2016/Outlook.com Bugs // Where To Report? Using Outlook 10
I vba scrip to move emails based on long keywords list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z alter the timeout for how long outlook looks for a content-server on an HTML-email? Using Outlook 5
Chris Grew How Long To Install BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Forwarded long email moves text to the right Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 take long time in send / receive Using Outlook 1
G Opening messages takes too long Using Outlook 5
H Changing Organizer of event (for single to total calendar move; long way ) Exchange Server Administration 4
X Send & receive takes SO LONG Using Outlook 1
R Long delay for outgoing mail Using Outlook 2
A Eseutil File Dump fails in the path to the file is too long... Exchange Server Administration 2
Q Outlook 2007 Add-in Bug with with Exchange - Long explanation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
T "Tabs from (eg) 5 May, 18 May and 17 June" in Favourites Using Outlook 3
N May 2017 Fix Didn't Fix? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky Data loss may occur during public folder migration Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2013 May 2015 Updates Using Outlook 0
adaminaus Quick question if i may Using Outlook 4
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
M Move command Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
Commodore Unable to move message Using Outlook 3
N Line to move origEmail to subfolder within a reply macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Dopey move - deleted profile Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
Witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0