About repurpose ribbonX of outlook2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryotyankou

It about sign and encrypt button of outlook2007 on mail composer window. I

repurpose the two button, but i found if the button is in pushed state.

(initialize state). It will enter the repurpose function. And i found the

sign and encrypt button via CommandBar. I only want to set its state. But

CommandBarButton::putState always return E_FAIL. I have to use

CommandBarButton::Execute. But there is a problem, when do Execute, it also

will enter repurpse function. So i don't know how to process them together.

Can i make it sepearate? I need a function or property only set the button

state, not enter repurpose function. How could i do it?


 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I don't think you can do that. If the control isn't a toggle control then

setting its state is meaningless if the control won't allow it.

"ryotyankou " <u48591@uwe> wrote in message

news:997fb5811dafb@uwe...
> It about sign and encrypt button of outlook2007 on mail composer window. I
> repurpose the two button, but i found if the button is in pushed state.
> (initialize state). It will enter the repurpose function. And i found the
> sign and encrypt button via CommandBar. I only want to set its state. But
> CommandBarButton::putState always return E_FAIL. I have to use
> CommandBarButton::Execute. But there is a problem, when do Execute, it
> also
> will enter repurpse function. So i don't know how to process them
> together.
> Can i make it sepearate? I need a function or property only set the button
> state, not enter repurpose function. How could i do it?

> >
>
>
 
R

ryotyankou

hi, Ken, thanks for your reply. But the sign and encrypt button are both

toggle contorls. If I create a toggle button use ribbon, then i can set its

state by "getPressed=MyPressedFunction", and process click event by

"onAction=MyClickFunction". How could i do the same on sign and encrypt

button, now i only know the two buttons can be "onAction" repurposed, but i

can't do "getPressed" repurposed on them.
- wrote:
> I don't think you can do that. If the control isn't a toggle control then
> setting its state is meaningless if the control won't allow it.
>
> > It about sign and encrypt button of outlook2007 on mail composer window. I
> > repurpose the two button, but i found if the button is in pushed state.

> [quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
> > Can i make it sepearate? I need a function or property only set the button
> > state, not enter repurpose function. How could i do it?



 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I don't think getPressed can be repurposed. Only onAction can be repurposed

as far as I know.

"ryotyankou " <u48591@uwe> wrote in message

news:99add0e8c592e@uwe...
> hi, Ken, thanks for your reply. But the sign and encrypt button are both
> toggle contorls. If I create a toggle button use ribbon, then i can set
> its
> state by "getPressed=MyPressedFunction", and process click event by
> "onAction=MyClickFunction". How could i do the same on sign and encrypt
> button, now i only know the two buttons can be "onAction" repurposed, but
> i
> can't do "getPressed" repurposed on them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top