Narcotics Police Officer Needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky0046

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
I am attempting to utilize Outlook is a way to keep detailed records on both suspects as well as informants. The default contacts form does not have the information I need in it, such as Social Security number, date of birth, charges pending, etc. So, I was thinking about utilizing a specially made form and wanted to get some input on the matter, since I am somewhat new to Outlook.

First, does anyone out there have a form that they believe will be close to what I need? If so, would you be willing to give me a copy of it. Secondly, from my limited research it appears that a form from the multiple pages or tabs. If so, I should be able to use the same front page for both informants and suspects and just add a second page with information such as cases worked are charges pending, etc.

Is there a way to populate a database with an Outlook form?

I don't know if there are any police officers on this forum, but if there is and you have any forms made for booking in a suspect, with mugshots and feels for all the relevant information, I would be very grateful for a copy.

If you are interested in working with the Rayne Police Department in creating such forms, please e-mail me at rg@raynepd.org

I will greatly appreciate any assistance rendered.

Thanks in advance,

Ricky Gray

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, you will add second (or more) pages to the contact form to add custom fields.

You can populate a database using odbc - access has an outlook connector ready to use but it's possible to use other apps to access outlook data too - you may need to know more dev stuff to make it work though.

I don't know if anyone has done something like this before. however, if the db is going to be very large, i would probably look at either using an Access application or a custom web app that connected directly to the database. Not knowing what you have available - infopath as a front end to sql is one option (as is Access as a front end). I think sharepoint might be clunky for something like this but its another option, if you have a sharepoint server.

Unless you either are a one man force or use Exchange server, sharing the contacts will be difficult.

(If the database is going to be small... I'm moving to wherever you are. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.