Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees

Fozzie Bear

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Operating system::    iOS 17.3.1
Outlook version:     Outlook.com
Email type or host:    Microsoft 365

My wife and I both use iPhones and have an Outlook.com premium mail account which allows it to be used with a custom domain. My wife has shared her outlook.com calendar with me and I have shared my outlook.com calender with her. This has worked fine for several years. Events display in each other calendars and we can edit them if necessary.
However of late new events entered by either of us go in as meetings and send an invite to the other person asking to accept or decline the event. (See attached screenshot)
IMG_8625.PNG

You can no longer edit the event such as add an address or a note etc. I am not sure if this an iOS/Apple problem or a change Microsoft has made to Outlook.com? I suspect the latter as agendas sent out by our Village Hall secretary using Office 365 Outlook.com for meetings automatically sends a zoom invitation to one recipient as they have attended by Zoom once before. The secretary only sent out the email?? Perhaps its MS new CoPilot being overly clever!!!
Any suggestions greatfully received

On the zoom, part - that is definitely weird if the sender did not add it (hybrid meetings are being rolled out in the coming weeks but I didn't think anyone had the feature yet) if using a Microsoft 365 business account.

On your problems - I suspect there was a change on the Microsoft side - unless permissions were changed (and you no longer have permission to create new items on her calendar) then it will do the invitation when you create an event on another calendar.

On the zoom, part - that is definitely weird if the sender did not add it (hybrid meetings are being rolled out in the coming weeks but I didn't think anyone had the feature yet) if using a Microsoft 365 business account.

On your problems - I suspect there was a change on the Microsoft side - unless permissions were changed (and you no longer have permission to create new items on her calendar) then it will do the invitation when you create an event on another calendar.
Thanks Diane,
Ive logged in to each account calendar and deleted the shared calendar and then set it up again. I'll need to wait for the changes to sync and then try again. If I still have problems I'll post on an outlook.com forum. As always thanks for your help.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
O Carriage Return - Line Feeds - exporting Calendar events Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
G Outlook VBA and Google Calendar ("Events") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Using email notification to update calendar events? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Outlook 2013 Calendar events not appear on Outlook.com Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
V iCloud not syncing categorized calendar events Using Outlook 7
W All Events Disappear from Calendar Display Using Outlook 30
J Calendar view for future events only? Using Outlook 3
microsvc Populating everyone's calendar with campus events Exchange Server Administration 1
Dave Godbey Sending Categories on Calendar Events Using Outlook 1
R How to turn OFF the Reminders for shared calendar events but not off personal Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2013 , iCloud linked calendar, events one hour ahead for about a month Using Outlook 5
H Events in Calendar not Bold Using Outlook 1
B Series of calendar events? Or Tasks? Using Outlook 1
P Printing calendar (work week) with numerous (i.e. >7) all day events... Using Outlook 3
A Outlook CPAO - Printing Monthly calendar with only all day events or catergory Using Outlook 2
O pasting text in body of calendar events Using Outlook 5
S Copy Events to Second Calendar or Sync Only "Busy" Events Using Outlook 5
K Private Calendar events Using Outlook 3
T Birthday events in Calendar Using Outlook 4
G How to insert a json array into a calendar events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Get Dates of Recurring Events in Shared Appointment Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M How do I find Calendar events that have been put off with Snooze? Using Outlook 2
R How do I keep old calendar events from disappearing? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
O Any 3rd party tool that sync (mirror) from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar? Using Outlook 5
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
C Recover calendar Using Outlook 0
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0