Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event'

JackPollack

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
My iPhone & computer sync through a Office 365/Exchange account.

I have my Desktop Outlook calendar default set not to create a reminder when I create an appointment. this works perfectly and as expected when I create an appointment from the Desktop.

On my iPhone (IOS 16.7), I have settings/calendar "Default Alert Times" set to NONE for birthdays, events and all day events.

When I create an event in the the calendar using the phone and fill in the title of event and some notes (and verifying that default alert box is set to NONE) and then save it. Upon checking the details of that event the alert is set to "at time of the event" (and even if I dont check it I get an alert at time of event).

If I create the event with the phone offline and in airplane mode the alert is not changed from what I set it to, NONE.
When I got back online and the event syncs with the server the alert is changed to "at time of event" again.

My OWA WebMail calendar settings are set to "15 min before event". There is no option to disable the default alert time on OWA that I can see, only to choose "at time of event" or how long prior. I would love t be able to turn this off for OWA created events but it doesn't appear to be what the phone is picking up anyway since I have it set to "15 min prior" and the phone quirk is changing it to "time of event"

How can I fix this weird behavior on the phone it is very distracting to have alarms going off all day on the phone and outlook reminder windows popping up all the time. I dont want to disable alerts for all calendar items as once and a while I do need the alerts.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
O Carriage Return - Line Feeds - exporting Calendar events Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
G Outlook VBA and Google Calendar ("Events") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Using email notification to update calendar events? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Outlook 2013 Calendar events not appear on Outlook.com Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
V iCloud not syncing categorized calendar events Using Outlook 7
W All Events Disappear from Calendar Display Using Outlook 30
J Calendar view for future events only? Using Outlook 3
microsvc Populating everyone's calendar with campus events Exchange Server Administration 1
Dave Godbey Sending Categories on Calendar Events Using Outlook 1
R How to turn OFF the Reminders for shared calendar events but not off personal Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2013 , iCloud linked calendar, events one hour ahead for about a month Using Outlook 5
H Events in Calendar not Bold Using Outlook 1
B Series of calendar events? Or Tasks? Using Outlook 1
P Printing calendar (work week) with numerous (i.e. >7) all day events... Using Outlook 3
A Outlook CPAO - Printing Monthly calendar with only all day events or catergory Using Outlook 2
O pasting text in body of calendar events Using Outlook 5
S Copy Events to Second Calendar or Sync Only "Busy" Events Using Outlook 5
K Private Calendar events Using Outlook 3
T Birthday events in Calendar Using Outlook 4
G How to insert a json array into a calendar events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Get Dates of Recurring Events in Shared Appointment Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M How do I find Calendar events that have been put off with Snooze? Using Outlook 2
R How do I keep old calendar events from disappearing? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
O Any 3rd party tool that sync (mirror) from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar? Using Outlook 5
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
C Recover calendar Using Outlook 0
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0