Spellchecker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeearl

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have a number of 'signatures' that have a letterhead & an address at the top and a 'footer' at the bottom which incudes an actual scanned signature and a disclaimer. The email text gets typed in between the two.
Outlook spellchecker has always had a problem with this, refusing to spellcheck the text because it saw it is part of the 'signature....
But up to and including v 2016 there was an easy work around - press 'Send', it went into the 'Outbox' and spell check it there and then 'Send & Receive', that worked perfectly!
But Outlook 365 doesn't have an 'Outbox', pressing send sends the email immediately.
Surely there must be a neater way of telling Outlook 365 where a signature begins and ends, or marking where the actual email text is, than a lot of cutting and pasting and /or splitting my complete Signatures into parts? Mike

Outlook 365 - the desktop software - has an outbox but you need to disable send immediately.

Better would be to use templates or stationery for the boilerplate text at the top - the footer can be the signature or disable signatures and have that in the template or stationery.

Outlook 365 - the desktop software - has an outbox but you need to disable send immediately.

Better would be to use templates or stationery for the boilerplate text at the top - the footer can be the signature or disable signatures and have that in the template or stationery.

Hi Diane, many thanks for the prompt reply. So we live and learn - I hade no idea the 365 had an 'Outbox' !
I see your logic in using templates and stationery, but as I collate 4 different website's emails into a single Inbox on Outlook 365 with 4 x different 'letterheads / signatures' including graphics, which are also used in MsWord, going that route would mean a lot of rewriting, or at best a lot of fiddly cut and paste!
So I think first off I will try disabling 'send immediately' and see how I get on - that is unless someone has a neater trick, maybe a macro?
Kind regards, Mike

It would definitely be a cut and paste job. Although converting to quick parts would be easy enough - select and save.

1647371262482.png

You need to use unique names (minimum 4 letters) and when Outlook recognizes it as a unique quick part - you can press enter to insert. The unique names is the hard part - I tried compa and compb and it would not bring up the entries. But Acompany and Bcompany should work. You can include the signature blocks if you want, just like you do now, but need to make sure the body can be spellchecked before saving it.

1647372201625.png

Oh, and it might be easier to do spell check if you change the proofing language preferences instead of opening and resending-
1647372776355.png

It would definitely be a cut and paste job. Although converting to quick parts would be easy enough - select and save.

View attachment 3546

You need to use unique names (minimum 4 letters) and when Outlook recognizes it as a unique quick part - you can press enter to insert. The unique names is the hard part - I tried compa and compb and it would not bring up the entries. But Acompany and Bcompany should work. You can include the signature blocks if you want, just like you do now, but need to make sure the body can be spellchecked before saving it.

View attachment 3548

Oh, and it might be easier to do spell check if you change the proofing language preferences instead of opening and resending-
View attachment 3549
Hi again, well I disabled 'Send Immediately' and lo and behold the Outbox appeared = Magic I'm able to use my signatures just as before? Well no!!
As soon as I press send the email goes to the Outbox, but the JPG at the top, my company logo and the signature text is stripped off leaving only the body and strangely the footer and disclaimer. The JPG is nowhere is nowhere to be found!
Any ideas as to what might be causing that rather odd behaviour? Could Outlook be seeing a '_ _ 'marker ?

Is the message converted to plain text? (It shouldn't be converted on send tho.)

Disabling send immediately shouldn't have an effect.

Is the message converted to plain text? (It shouldn't be converted on send tho.)

Disabling send immediately shouldn't have an effect.
Hi Diane, that was my first thought, but the message that reaches the Outbox is in HTML. Having tried other older signatures, it seems the problem is with the logo (JPG) itself, for some reason it just disappears whilst others don't = v strange, especially as it worked previously. Can only think that there has been some kind of corruption. Now trying to rebuild the letterhead /logo. Regards, Mike

Is the jpg stored local and supposed to be sent with the message or linked to online and downloaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back