What happened to the "Dr."???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpeddicord

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
When I enter a new contact, and the name is Dr. John Smith, the "Dr." is gone when you add the email address and also when you view all your contacts using "Card" view. The heading will read "John Smith". How /why does it remove "Dr."? Can I add other titles to be removed? Thanks.

Yes, the title is still there.

OK, let me describe it this way...The Full Names is Dr. John Smith. When I enter his email address, jsmith111@gaga.combo it fills in the "Display As" as John Smith. No Dr. When you click "email" and Outlook opens a new email, it shows the address as "John Smith (jsmith111@gaga.cobo) ".

Now this is not a problem, I'm just trying to figure out how Outlook takes off the Dr. This is a good thing. If you had 100 Dr.'s in your contacts, and it didn't take that off, your contact list names would all start with Dr.

Now I have many "Pastors" in my contacts. I would love to do to the title "Pastor" as Outlook is doing with "Dr.".

WOW!! I just figured it out! When you click on "Full Name" you can add "Pastor" there.

Spoke too soon. So how do I get another title into the "default" list of titles, such as Dr. Mr. etc.?

You can't add to the list. Sorry.

The File as and email display name don't use titles - mostly because it would be cluttered with a lot of mr and ms. If you want the title in the email display your can type it in the display name field.

Status
Not open for further replies.