Quarantine

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
In the thread where we were talking about connected accounts. You told me to turn quarantine on.

I think I have quarantine turned on... But I saw a few error messages pop up:

Screenshot_2018-04-28-20-57-21.png

Screenshot_2018-04-28-20-59-01.png

Screenshot_2018-04-28-21-00-05.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
At the bottom of the last screenshot - click the link to enable notifications for quarantine. Ignore the second message about transport rules - that is only for organizations who use the service to filter spam for their on-premise exchange server.

2018-04-29_13-11-57.png

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
With Quarantine turned on... I do not see how the spam is still getting through:

Screenshot_2018-04-29-19-43-53.png

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It depends on your spam settings - and a few will slip through, but most should be caught over time.
Is there a way to clear the quarantine list after I've gone through it?

And when I see something that shouldn't be flagged I always click the envelope then RELEASE SELECTED AND ALLOW SENDER?

And then I also check the box that says "Report this message to Microsoft to help the research and improvement of email protection technologies. "
So that way MS know's they falsely flagged the message.

Thanks,
CM

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It depends on your spam settings - and a few will slip through, but most should be caught over time.
After that disaster... I think I want to handle spam on my own , instead of a remote server... I'll decide what's spam and whats not.

Enabled

Relative priority: Lowest

Summary

Detection response for spam:
Prepend subject line with text

Detection response for high confidence spam:
Prepend subject line with text

Mark bulk email as spam:
Disabled

Sender block list:
Configured with 1 entries

Domain block list:
Not configured

Sender allow list:
Configured with 7 entries

Domain allow list:
Not configured

International spam - languages:
Disabled

International spam - regions:
Disabled

End-user spam notifications:
Enabled

Send end-user spam notifications every ‎(days)‎: 1

Configure end-user spam notifications...

Test mode options:
None

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Just ignore the message above ... I changed everything back to the way it was.

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No. That annoys me, but I get the emails and rarely use the web interface.
I agree it is annoying!

I am guessing when you say:

"but I get the emails and rarely use the web interface. "

Meaning there's nothing in the quarantine folder that's legit?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, but i get the emailed list of messages in quarantine and lately, all are either spam or bulk mail ads. This is typical - bulk mail i may or may not care about, often a message or two to a specific mailing list and pure spam. (I added the list address to the safe senders in the admin portal but messages from certain people still get quarantined and i haven't had time to white list the sender). This address apparently is set to get a message every 3 days - my other account gets an email daily, if anything was added to quarentine.

Sometimes i just click release, other times i click both not junk and release. It just depends on my mood. :)

2018-05-11_10-37-11.png

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, but i get the emailed list of messages in quarantine and lately, all are either spam or bulk mail ads. This is typical - bulk mail i may or may not care about, often a message or two to a specific mailing list and pure spam. (I added the list address to the safe senders in the admin portal but messages from certain people still get quarantined and i haven't had time to white list the sender). This address apparently is set to get a message every 3 days - my other account gets an email daily, if anything was added to quarentine.

Sometimes i just click release, other times i click both not junk and release. It just depends on my mood. :)

View attachment 2332
"Sometimes i just click release, other times i click both not junk and release. It just depends on my mood. :) "

HAHAHA! :p

Mine's set to send me a message daily also.

CM