Name Change?

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi!

I just googled this question before I decided to ask it... And I could only find information for POP and IMAP accounts

Is there a way to change my OUTGOING name in O365?

Right now for some reason it's in ALL CAPS. I am not sure if my name is in caps would get me marked as spam or not?

Thanks,
Chris

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Caps shouldn't mattter - you'll need ot log into your account online and change it. I don't think you can change in the personal info section in outlook on the web - you'll need to log in as admin and change it from the admin panel.

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Caps shouldn't mattter - you'll need ot log into your account online and change it. I don't think you can change in the personal info section in outlook on the web - you'll need to log in as admin and change it from the admin panel.
I've changed my name in a few places but it's still in caps....

Changed it inside OWA

Changed it in the admin control panel under EDIT A USER

But, if it doesn't look spammy / or get me marked as spam because it's in all caps, I can live with caps.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This dialog in the admin panel is the place to change it, but it can take 24 hours to populate.
2018-05-11_14-22-29.png

once its showing here (and yes, i am using 2 different accounts - i didn't change admin to jack) it should show on your email. I don't know if just changing the case makes a difference. You'll find out in 24 hours.

I changed Jack Sprat to Jack Sparrow (using the screen above) and another account (using the one below) today - will see how long it takes to propagate.
2018-05-11_14-23-30.png

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This dialog in the admin panel is the place to change it, but it can take 24 hours to populate.

once its showing here (and yes, i am using 2 different accounts - i didn't change admin to jack) it should show on your email. I don't know if just changing the case makes a difference. You'll find out in 24 hours.

I changed Jack Sprat to Jack Sparrow (using the screen above) and another account (using the one below) today - will see how long it takes to propagate.

I couldn't quite find Screenshot #1's location but I found this.....

1.png

I was able to find the location of screenshot#2 and I was able to change that.

2.png

Thanks,
C

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Double click on the name in the first screenshot (with black sidebar). That opens the dialog i posted.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
My jack sprat/sparrow has the name change when i send messages. Jenny (changed in the exchange section) is still using the old display name but the new name is showing in the \GAL already.

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
My jack sprat/sparrow has the name change when i send messages. Jenny (changed in the exchange section) is still using the old display name but the new name is showing in the \GAL already.
I think I got it... Now we shall wait I guess...

Ahh, I see. Whats " GAL" Global Address List? Which, I'm the only one using this account / exchange account. So I'll probably never need to access the GAL list... I don't even know how to get to it Lol.

3.png

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

WOW...... That updated quick! Thanks!

And Lol Jack Sparrow. :p

4.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Whats " GAL" Global Address List? Which, I'm the only one using this account / exchange account. So I'll probably never need to access the GAL list... I don't even know how to get to it Lol.
Yes, its the global address list, and yes, its pointless in single user tenants. If it's coming up first when you click the To button, you can change the address book settings. Instructions are here - iCloud Contacts are not showing in Address Book - Outlook Tips - (it works the same for all contact list types).