Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for?

boppy2010

I have successfully exported a CSV file from an Outlook folder that gives me the email addresses of the senders.

However, I need the first and last names too - and these have not come through the export process.

What I mean is, say an email address is honkytonk22@gmail.co, I'm getting that fine, but I'm not getting their display name of Honky Tonky which kind of defeats the purpose of the export.

Is there any trick people can suggest to get a more complete export?Attach files

boppy2010

Thanks Diane, I've double checked by doing a re-export and the name and email address fields are the same so the display names are not getting through. The body field is also not getting exported which is a shame because I could have grabbed the name from the message content.

Thanks for the macro link. I'm in a corporate set up where macros are disabled in Outlook (but enabled in Excel strangely). I've asked our IT department to have a go at installing it for me.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The body field should be exported, but it is kind of goofy - and often gets split into a new record.

did you check the field mapping before import?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Usually when the fields don't import its because the field names are different and you didn't map them.

In this example, the import file was exported from outlook, so the fields are detected, but other times they were not. And if you change the mapping, you need to reset it because outlook will remember the previous mapping.
2020-03-13_00-09-34-0000.png