• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

outlook 2016 name change

tjd189

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
How can I change the name of my out going email. My name changed after the Microsoft server change and my name on my emails has changed to a name that is not valid. It is correct when accessing Outlook.com via IE but when using outlook 2016 the name has changed. I deleted the outlook 2016 and re entered but my name was changed from alias@outlook.com to alias@outlook_6A1C9BDE66559223@outlook.com. I need to change the name back to the real one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It really changed to alias@outlook_6A1C9BDE66559223@outlook.com ? The outlook_ugly@ address (outlook_6A1C9BDE66559223@outlook.com) is a side effect of Outlook.com on Exchange when you have a non-outlook.com address as the default alias on the account or as the default reply address - the "outlook_ugly" address shows in the folder list and on outgoing email. Add an Alias to an Outlook.com Account - Outlook Tips

I haven't seen it showing both an outlook.com alias and the outlook_ugly address merged - I'd try restarting outlook and see if it fixes it.