Color Code or highlight folders in Outlook 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterL

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I can find no way to Color Code or highlight my self made folders in Outlook 2016, is there software that can do that for me or would upgrading to Microsoft 365 solve that problem? Is the upgrade TO 365 worth it apart from the cloud storage?

Outlook doesn't support it - not even the newest version - but at one time, there was a 3rd party utility that could do it. I don't know how well it worked or if its still available. I'll see if I can find it.

If you are only using pop and IMAP, not it's not really worth upgrading. If you always get the perpetual version and think you want to upgrade, I would wait until the next version is released later in the year - but it won't have colored folders either. (The perpetual versions are feature-set to older Office 365 subscription builds.)

Outlook doesn't support it - not even the newest version - but at one time, there was a 3rd party utility that could do it. I don't know how well it worked or if its still available. I'll see if I can find it.

If you are only using pop and IMAP, not it's not really worth upgrading. If you always get the perpetual version and think you want to upgrade, I would wait until the next version is released later in the year - but it won't have colored folders either. (The perpetual versions are feature-set to older Office 365 subscription builds.)
Thank you Diane, much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
C Color Code New Calendar Items Using Outlook 2
M Calendar draft notice - automatically color code? Using Outlook 1
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Inbox column color coding Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
B Change row background color of selected item Using Outlook 1
R Setting font and color used when replying to an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
M Emails sorted by conversation including replies and categorized by color. Using Outlook 1
J Automatic color category according to variable domains Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Mark as Unread unless Categorized by Color Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Category Color doesn't Display in Inbox Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Printing Calendars with Color Categories Using Outlook 0
E Outlook 2016 Default Blue Color Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Changing Outlook.com color schemes Using Outlook 0
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
A Keep color categories when saving vCards Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky How to Upgrade to Color Categories Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA Using Outlook 0
J Color Alignment on the Calendar? Using Outlook 2
Simon How does the sender/organizer to dictate the color of a meeting invitation. Using Outlook 3
B Sub Calendar-Color Coding Issue Using Outlook 4
D Calendar - color coded items are now the same color Using Outlook 2
B Color Categorizing 365 Using Outlook 8
J Change Default View - Color and font Using Outlook 3
Tom.Schaefer Color for Mail-folder in OL2013 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2013 Categories won't print In color Using Outlook 2
K Color Categories for Accounts and Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M Background Color? Using Outlook 1
C Sync color categories on a Public Calendar across Office 365, PCs, Macs Using Outlook 1
D Background color for an entire day in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Commodore Color options in 2010... Using Outlook 0
U Color coded contacts Using Outlook 4
T Setting Color codes for each user of a shared Calendar Using Outlook 1
P Changing all email signatures (font, color) at once in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
M Assigning a specific font color to new emails using rules when they arrive Using Outlook 3
L Background Color Is An Issue Using Outlook 3
L Color Using Outlook 49
J Color categories with shared mailbox Using Outlook 1
F Color Coding Emails - Outlook 2007 SP-3 Using Outlook 1
C Apply Category Color for Appointment Background Color Using Outlook 2
N Changing background color on replies and forwards Using Outlook 1
E Calendar Thumbnail current day background color Using Outlook 3
M How do you change the obnoxious color of the email headers on Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 2010 Share calendar but keep color formatting Using Outlook 2
B Need help adding a background color to the compact list items in Month view. Using Outlook 1
J Text color when creating a new Task is not consistent Using Outlook 1