Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBob

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I recently upgraded from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2013
(32-bit / W10 Pro / local PST (not exchange server) / POP3 mail)

A change I don't appreciate from 2010 --> 2013 is that the data/text fields of contacts in "businesss card" view are now in light blue

1585236715785.png

I went to View Settings --> Advanced Settings but the "Conditional Formatting" button is gray-ed out

1585236842018.png

I tried the "Other Settings" button and while I can change font styles ...
there does not seem to be a way to change colors... :-(

1585236918335.png

Resetting the current view did not help....

What the heck am I missing here? :-/

Thanks for any assist!
Jim

At least some of the text in business cards is actually set on the card itself in the contacts.

2020-03-26_14-35-29-0000.png

Double click on the contact's business card to open the editor. I have a macro that can apply a format to all contacts, so you only need to do one.
2020-03-26_14-36-15-0000.png

At least some of the text in business cards is actually set on the card itself in the contacts.

View attachment 2966

Double click on the contact's business card to open the editor. I have a macro that can apply a format to all contacts, so you only need to do one.
View attachment 2967

Diane ... I have been totally amazed by your talents for many years ... Thank you!

yes, it does appear that I can change and edit the color of the fields one at a time.
Apparently 2013 has a different default "global" setting for those data fields of blue....

I have many contacts ... around 4500 or so, a macro would be what I need....
If you already have one that would be awesome.

Can I make a contribution for your efforts?

Jim

This would be a VBA macro ... and would have to call out all the data fields that needed their properties changed individually?
Probably beyond my skill-level :-/

I lost focus on this, but would like to get it resolved.
(I don't think it breaks any of the rules of the forum)

I would be happy to offer $25 bucks via paypal for a tested macro to adjust the attributes to turn all text fields black.

Thanks,
Jim

The lines in the business card where the phone, name etc are? You'll need to have one card with the format you want then run the macro at Change the Business Card layout using BusinessCardLayoutXml

It will change the layout to match the card and may change card images and backgrounds.

In this test card, it did not remove the image but resized it. But it removed the image on most of the other cards.
2020-10-21_01-14-41-0000.png

Thank you VERY much Diane! (PM me your paypal address ;-)

I am not as young as I once was, and am slightly colorblind, and the problem is driving me crazy.

I will try it out this evening when I get off work (I have ~4500 contacts so don't want to risk it during business hours) ;-)

I found your tutorial on how-to run VBA scripts which I will need to read, then I will give it a go!
Here if others need it: How to use Outlook's VBA Editor

Jim

As my best friend says: "No good deed goes unpunished" :rolleyes:

Diane, If you and the other experts are busy I completely understand!

I got 95% of the way there ... and overall it's much better than it was...
I enlarged and bold-ed some of the fields, ran the macro and it worked,
but in the original formatting there must have been some "conditional" statement I can not find...
unpopulated phone number fields did not display in the past, and now they do... :confused:
(I'm using Outlook 2013)

1603380991524.png

I've also just noticed that any NEW contacts that I add since running the VBA script do NOT exhibit this problem.
Very perplexing.

Follow the steps:-
Click on the View tab
Then click View Settings.
On the Advanced View Settings dialog click Other Settings, then you can change your column or row font settings.

CHANGING COLUMN HEADER SETTINGS:
To change the font or font size for the column headers in your Inbox (like “From” and “Subject”), click Column Font, and then make the desired adjustment and click ok.

CHANGING MESSAGE SUBJECT SETTINGS:
To change the font or font size of the message subject lines in your Inbox, click Row Font, and then make the desired adjustment and click ok.
Change Font and/or size as desired and click ok
Click OK and OK on the Other Settings and Advanced View Settings screens.

Thanks Jessie!
Sorry I did not reply more quickly somehow my thread notifications got turned off.

Thanks for your help. I didn't do a very good job of explaining.... sorry...
I'm having a slightly different issue.
When I ran the VBA macro it made some "field names" appear in the contact even when there was no data.

For example the contact below existed when I ran the macro, and after running the macro.
The empty field name for "Home" (phone number) is now getting displayed. (highlighted in green)
1607451244917.png

Here is a test contact I added AFTER I ran the VBA macro and it does not display field names for which there is no data:
1607451387932.png

On the old/existing contacts that display the empty field names, even if I enter data save the updated contact,
then delete the data and re-save the contact the empty field name remains. I have several thousand contacts,
so this is rather annoying.

Any other thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.