vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

diver864

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi, the company I work for sends out meeting requests to everyone when someone is going to be on vacation, as a way of letting people know who's not going to be available. But the meeting requests are set for 8am to 5pm, include the standard 15 minute reminder, and are set to busy, which makes a mess of things in my calendar when I accept them. I have to change them manually.

Instead I would like to set up a rule that runs a script, which automatically accepts meeting requests with 'vacation' in the subject, changes the even to be an all-day event, changes free/busy to 'free', and does not send a reply to the organizer. I have searched and found macros that do bits and pieces of this, but I am not a VBA programmer and don't know how to weave them all together.

I would be thrilled to have a solution - how do I do this?

Thanks!

I have sample rules on this page, including how to not send a respose -

adding code to change fields is easy - as long as you know the field name

.BusyStatus = olFree
.AllDayEvent = True
.ReminderSet = False ' remove reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Outlook Email Rule execution through shortcut keys (VBA codes) Using Outlook 1
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K VBA BeforeItemMove event create rule to always move to its folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O VBA rule on multiple computers using shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O modify vba to run it as script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
I shared mailbox - can i create a rule (vba) for every user? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA code to enable a rule based on time of day for a IMAP mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
Gary Brown Outlook 2013 VBA to run a rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
N VBA, Rule that will Auto Reply based on time of day Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Further automate several tasks with rule, VBA or Quick Step Using Outlook 1
S Outlook VBA rule script to process both MailItem and MeetingItem Using Outlook 0
D Update existing rule using VBA Using Outlook 2
R vba rule exception "except with specific words in the sender's add Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 2003/2007 Rule and Conditions for InBox VBA customization Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Re: Cuestom outlook rule using vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Can vba(for outlook) do these 2 things or not? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
MattC Changing the font of an email with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P MailItem.To Property with VBA not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Tweak vba so it can target another mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook 2010 VBA fails to launch Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TedSch Small vba to kill political email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Outlook 365 Outlook/VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z VBA Forward vs manual forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1