VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGSystemTester

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello. I just found this site, thanks to whoever is behind it. Great resource.

I'm somewhat new to Outlook VBA. My specific business case is to build a macro that replies and marks calendar invites with various set properties. I'm having a hard time with the getting the AppointmentItem properties adjusted such as busyStatus.

Based on research on this helpful post on slipstick, I think I am successfully pulling the AppointmentItem from the MeetingItem. However, after I send the response, I do not see my changes to the appointment on my calendar.

According to Microsoft documentation, the AppointmentItem is copied after a send event, so I would presume that any changes I make to the AppointmentItem before the send should be duplicated after the send.

Here's my code.

Code:
Sub ReplyAndFlagaMEETING(oRequest As MeetingItem)

Dim oAppt As AppointmentItem

'This grabs the Appointment fro this meetingItem... right?
    Set oAppt = oRequest.GetAssociatedAppointment(True)

'???!?  This part is not reflected on calendar after the send.... ?
    oAppt.BusyStatus = olFree

Dim oResponse
    Set oResponse = oAppt.Respond(olMeetingAccepted, True)
    oResponse.Send

End Sub

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Outlook VBA change GetDefaultFolder dynamically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
M VBA to change flag status in outlook contact item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H Change Default Email Account Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
O VBA to Run Font Change on Outlook Startup Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Change sender name outlook vba 2010 Custom Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O VBA to change message format and add formatted signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F VBA Code to change subject Like Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Outlook 2013 - Use VBA to change Due date of Tasks Using Outlook 3
K How to change status of a mail marked as a task (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Can vba(for outlook) do these 2 things or not? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
MattC Changing the font of an email with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P MailItem.To Property with VBA not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Tweak vba so it can target another mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook 2010 VBA fails to launch Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TedSch Small vba to kill political email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Outlook 365 Outlook/VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z VBA Forward vs manual forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1