VBA to change flag status in outlook contact item

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi all, I have an excel file full of emails to be checked. Those emails are the ones to be flag marked as complete in outlook contact file. What I want to do is a macro that can scan through the excel file and compare to a contact folder in Outlook so that when the email matches a contact file's email, it will change the flag status. For now, I have this code but it won't work. Please advice me on this. Thank you.

Sub UpdateContacts()
Dim olApp As Object
Dim olNs As Object
Dim cFolder As Object
Dim groupFolder As Object
Dim strGroup As String
Dim myContacts As Object
Dim myItem As Object
Dim strAddress As String
Dim strFix As String
Dim blnCreated As Boolean
Dim i As Integer
Dim FoldersArray As Variant

Sheets("dj confirmed").Select

On Error Resume Next
Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set olNs = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

FolderPath = "anas@dunndealpr.com\Contacts\test flag"
FoldersArray = Split(FolderPath, "\")
Set cFolder = olApp.Session.Folders.Item(FoldersArray(0))
If Not cFolder Is Nothing Then
For i = 1 To UBound(FoldersArray, 1)
Dim SubFolders As Object
Set SubFolders = cFolder.Folders
Set cFolder = SubFolders.Item(FoldersArray(i))
If cFolder Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Folder Not Found"
End If
Next
End If
Debug.Print cFolder
i = 1
Set myContacts = cFolder.items
Do Until Trim(Cells(i, 1).Value) = ""
strAddress = Cells(i, 1)
Set myItem = myContacts.Find("[Email1Address]='" & strAddress & "'")
If TypeName(myItem) = "ContactItem" Then
If Not TypeName(myItem) = "Nothing" Then
myItem.FlagStatus = olFlagComplete
myItem.Save
End If
End If

i = i + 1
Loop

Set olApp = Nothing

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Outlook VBA change GetDefaultFolder dynamically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
H Change Default Email Account Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
O VBA to Run Font Change on Outlook Startup Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Change sender name outlook vba 2010 Custom Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O VBA to change message format and add formatted signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F VBA Code to change subject Like Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Outlook 2013 - Use VBA to change Due date of Tasks Using Outlook 3
K How to change status of a mail marked as a task (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Can vba(for outlook) do these 2 things or not? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
MattC Changing the font of an email with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P MailItem.To Property with VBA not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Tweak vba so it can target another mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook 2010 VBA fails to launch Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TedSch Small vba to kill political email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Outlook 365 Outlook/VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z VBA Forward vs manual forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1